[32x] Conquest texture pack [BTW 4.89PHILLIP] (at last!)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
MrSweenzo

Re: [32x] Conquest texture pack [BTW 4.9667]

Post by MrSweenzo »

By chance do you know when this will be updated to 4.89PHILLIP? I want to use this pack!

Thanks and great work!
ion

Post by ion »

HappyDyas wrote:Has anyone noticed that the stratification does not show properly with this texture pack? im using the latest version for the BTW conquest support and the proper 1.5.2 conquest TP (or RP) and the latest of BTW (4.9PHILLIP or whatever) and the latest MCP . When i select the texture pack, all of the stone is the same default color, even though it still requires me to use a different pickaxe for the levels. Other texture packs show the stratified levels as well.
because of the block1. properties you need to add a line with metadata=0 in that file.
i can put out a updated version of conquest with latest additions if enough request as it seems that longlay is dead
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

ion wrote:
HappyDyas wrote:Has anyone noticed that the stratification does not show properly with this texture pack? im using the latest version for the BTW conquest support and the proper 1.5.2 conquest TP (or RP) and the latest of BTW (4.9PHILLIP or whatever) and the latest MCP . When i select the texture pack, all of the stone is the same default color, even though it still requires me to use a different pickaxe for the levels. Other texture packs show the stratified levels as well.
because of the block1. properties you need to add a line with metadata=0 in that file.
i can put out a updated version of conquest with latest additions if enough request as it seems that longlay is dead
Everyone request this^^ :)
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Certainly a request! i would have been using this TP as it is one of my most favorites of all time, but i couldnt use it as there was the issue with stratification.
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

Not quite dead but busy with RL. However I've got a version ready for PHILLIP. I did think about getting some tweaks in but I might as well release it inot the wild. I've also been working on an updated version of the base TP for 1.5.2. I'll try for today, if not tomorrow.

Sorry for the wait
Longlay

Re: [32x] Conquest texture pack [BTW 4.89PHILLIP] (at last!)

Post by Longlay »

It is done, new version up for 4.89PHILLIP. That's new whitestone, chiseled blackstone, new woolen armour, new wicker, new chopping bloc (thanks Ion), and lots of other stuff I've forgotten.

Enjoy
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Longlay... is it too much to ask if i want to have your children?
Thank you SO much for this, as well as ion and anyone else who contributed for all your work.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Oh wait, hold that thought. just used the TP and the stratified stone below the normal grey is a white text box. one says stone light and the other stone dark i think. i have the 1.5 version of conquest and the latest MCP. however the normal level stone is okay.
ion

Post by ion »

what version of conquest should people use with those latest additions Longlay?
anyway just to mess up with you guys, some more Conquest BTW updated with latest textures:
Spoiler
Show
spot the differences?
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

so...beautiful..
hurts.. so bad... cannot use TP...
so sad. Are you experiencing the same stratification issue with the latest release ion?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

ion wrote:-snippy-
Spoiler
Show
spot the differences?
Those icicles.. i must have them! :D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
ion

Post by ion »

HappyDyas wrote:so...beautiful..
hurts.. so bad... cannot use TP...
so sad. Are you experiencing the same stratification issue with the latest release ion?
i don't have those problems as my conquest is updated by myself. i wait for FC confirmation and i'll put something up.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

As in you asked him for permission to post an alternate download? im just asking because i dont really understand what you mean.
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

I was wondering if this pack's cobblestone texture is working properly? When i compare it to the new texture pack the cobble is missing that random texture theme... would love to see it implemented for the 4.99x version. cheers :)
ion

Post by ion »

the pack wasn't updated for the latest textures including cobble by the OP. those new textures are hard to properly add to 1.5.2 version of mcpatcher as it lacks those new properties rules. they can be added with some more work and minor eye candy, they still look good.
you can ask Khar in mcpatcher thread to add them to 1.5.2 version. he didn't seem against adding with enough requests.
just to be a jerk: latest BTW, Deco addon, cobble textures
Spoiler
Show
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

Sorry guys, I just don't have the time any more to keep this up. However Ion is more than welcome to take over, or anyone lese for that matter.
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Thanks Longlay for your work!! you made my favorite texture pack available to my favorite mod!

And yes ION if you can please keep this one updated :D
ion

Post by ion »

well i may put a link with the latest additions up in a few days
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

I tried to update the pack with the some of the latest texture updates but I have never worked with a texture pack before and the whole pack stopped working.
:(
I am using this awesome pack in my Let's Play so an update would be GREATLY appreciated!
ion

Post by ion »

here is the conquest pack as i use it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yodug ... 5.2(2).zip
there are still some textures to be made but i will make them later when i have more free time
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Hey Ion, thanks for this! I personally took a 9 month hiatus from Minecraft (damn you Hearthstone) and have lately been getting back into BTW and missed Conquest.
ion

Post by ion »

working on some ctm for the padding block
Spoiler
Show
CandyCane

Post by CandyCane »

Those look interesting! Should make for good looking houses.

I have a suggestion if you have the time Ion. Have you taken a look at the textures for whitestone, especially the siding and moulding varieties? That's probably the only part of the pack I find looking unfinished.
ion

Post by ion »

true that, i have forgotten to add a rule for them also into ctm folder so they got an old texture. fixed on my PC :P
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

I am working on a double cobble slab texture because I don't really think the current one matches the graphic style of the rest of the pack. I am just finishing the extra tiles that come with the TP that aren't used in the BTW-doublecobble folder.

I am also going to tweak the villager skins to work with Marsupial.

I will post a link when it is finished (probably next week) if that is cool with everyone.
Or I could just get it to you, ion?