The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Sockthing

Re: [Marsupial?][V1.1b] The Deco Add-On (POLL for fruit tree

Post by Sockthing »

I like 2) Hanging Facade and 3) as part of the leaves best!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
ion

Post by ion »

part of leaves because i can add ctm to them to look really cool in a texture pack
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

I am with Ion and Sockthing
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm personally going to add a vote for hanging facade, but I think you should go with leaf textures, if the texture artists feel like that's the best one to work with :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

I also think hanging facade looks better, but leaf textures to be easier to work with.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I think apples and oranges will be part of leaves, bananas will be hanging and you'll see why.
jorgebonafe

Re: [Marsupial?][V1.1b] The Deco Add-On

Post by jorgebonafe »

Its impossible to place the mod flowers on the vanilla flower pots. Not sure if this is a bug, or just not an intended feature, but I thought I'd mention it since no one talked about it previously it seems.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

jorgebonafe wrote:Its impossible to place the mod flowers on the vanilla flower pots. Not sure if this is a bug, or just not an intended feature, but I thought I'd mention it since no one talked about it previously it seems.
Yeah, I talked about this before, there are more than 16 flowers and metadata only goes up to 16, so I think I will probably change it to a tile entity or something. I have plans for it though, I am gonna change the recipe for it too in the next update.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I recently had a crash on a small server I have in my computer. By process of elimination, it seems the crash is caused by this addon.

It happened right after I right-clicked an empty map to make a new map of my location. The game immediately crashed (the client crashed, not the server). Also this is not the first map I made, its the second. The first one worked without problems...

Here is the error message on my server:
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

[WARNING] Failed to handle packet for jorgebonafe/192.168.0.1: u: Ticking player
u: Ticking player
	at jc.g(EntityPlayerMP.java:297)
	at jh.a(NetServerHandler.java:246)
	at ee.a(SourceFile:136)
	at ci.b(SourceFile:350)
	at jh.d(NetServerHandler.java:74)
	at jk.b(NetworkListenThread.java:51)
	at ie.b(SourceFile:30)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(SourceFile:480)
	at hz.r(SourceFile:256)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:397)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:331)
	at gp.run(SourceFile:573)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3036
	at wo.a(SourceFile:152)
	at FCItemMap.a(FCItemMap.java:24)
	at wo.a(SourceFile:216)
	at wm.a(ItemStack.java:451)
	at so.k(InventoryPlayer.java:219)
	at sq.c(EntityPlayer.java:462)
	at ng.l_(EntityLiving.java:814)
	at sq.l_(EntityPlayer.java:239)
	at jc.g(EntityPlayerMP.java:252)
	... 11 more
There was no crash report on the client, it just said "Internal Server Error"
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Yeah I know what happened, I will fix it in the next update hopefully.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Alright yeah that was just one of the arrays hadn't been fixed for the extended block IDs. I fixed it for the next update.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yhetti wrote:Alright yeah that was just one of the arrays hadn't been fixed for the extended block IDs. I fixed it for the next update.
Cool :) Thanks a lot
Yhetti

Re: [V1.2] The Deco Add-On. Now with lanterns!

Post by Yhetti »

Another update, I've fixed the map bug, and added some junk too.

===V1.2===
+Removed green dye drops from grinding rosebushes to encourage players to use cacti to get green dye exclusively.
+Removed the ability to use alt diamond blocks as diamond beacons, since they are really easy to renew now. They now give the same effects as iron beacons, since they are made half out of iron, however I may remove this in the future if you guys don't like it.
+Fixed a problem with the recipe for paper walls not working with all types of wood.
+Added hemp oil
+Added firefly lanterns, they're made with hemp oil, not fireflies though.
+Added chandeliers
+Half finished some changes to the way lightning rods are rendered, right now they should act as stands for paper lanterns.
+Fixed a problem with the recipe for purple blocks, by problem I mean that it was missing for whatever reason.
+Fixed hardness of purple blocks, and made the shovel efficient against them (I must have been asleep when I added them)
+Fixed a bug with maps regarding the extended block IDs.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I just tested the update, yeah, the maps are working fine now. Thanks a lot, man :)
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

The lanterns and chandeliers are nice but what ever happened to the fruit trees you worked on a while back?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Puzzled wrote:The lanterns and chandeliers are nice but what ever happened to the fruit trees you worked on a while back?
They're like half way done. I had to push out this update to fix some bugs I guess.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I made connected textures for stained glass, this should be fun.
Spoiler
Show
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Yhetti wrote:They now give the same effects as iron beacons, since they are made half out of iron, however I may remove this in the future if you guys don't like it.
Seems like that's perfect man! I can save my iron and use the diamond ingots lying around. Good balance.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ion

Post by ion »

had great fun yesterday texturing a lantern with moving fireflies. thanks!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

ion wrote:had great fun yesterday texturing a lantern with moving fireflies. thanks!
I like this, but looking at your texture, every other tile is getting skipped because every 2x3(32x32 pixels for yours) tiles are all supposed to be the same, they are just for different positions of the lantern. You did it in 1x3, so every other 1x3 tile is skipped in the animation.

Just trying to help, do you get what I am saying? You can fix it by making it longer and duplicating every set of three tiles going downwards.

Edit: also which TP is this for?

Edit again: Actually sorry, I think I was wrong, I guess you intended to to mismatch the tiles for variety, I don't know.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I am not sure if the way I set up the lanterns was confusing or not, so I attempted to explain it here, but I am still really bad at explaining things. Hopefully texture artists won't be too confused.
Spoiler
Show
ion

Post by ion »

the texture is to be used with 32 texture packs and also some rules in the text file to slow down the animation. and yes the animation is intended to be diverse.
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Very cool looking addon, I think I'll give it a try. A minor nitpick, but is the recipe for paper walls shown in the screenshot there accurate? If so, it seems a bit out of step with the existing similar blocks in the mod, i.e. grates, slats, and wicker, which like the paper walls are blocks that use sugarcane or moulding/sticks and can serve a nice structural purpose as dividers but which take 9 sticks, 4 moulding, or 9 wicker respectively just to make a single block. I know balance for purely aesthetic blocks like this isn't a big deal but just an idea.

Either way, thanks for the addon and your work updating it. Kudos :D
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

caveatEmptor wrote:it seems a bit out of step with the existing similar blocks in the mod, i.e. grates, slats, and wicker, which like the paper walls are blocks that use sugarcane or moulding/sticks and can serve a nice structural purpose as dividers but which take 9 sticks, 4 moulding, or 9 wicker respectively just to make a single block. I know balance for purely aesthetic blocks like this isn't a big deal but just an idea.
I understand what you're saying; but the blocks you are comparing paper walls to are all part of the tech tree, while paper walls only serve the purpose of creating walls. The walls do have an advantage in that you get four(the old add-on it was six I believe) of them, and you can make more walls out of the ingredients but 1) they require a saw, 2) they cannot be reused/recycled for other things 3) they don't work as windows etc.

In conclusion, you may be right, the change you are requesting is probably a good idea. But I don't think its a big enough deal that I will consider changing it.
ion

Post by ion »

imported the great clay textures into btw addon. time to build now.
Spoiler
Show