The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

Re: [4.891124]The Deco Add-on updated 8/21/2013(NEW Cherry t

Post by Yhetti »

DONE. What I've released today should make the add on feel less like it was pasted together with glue and rubber bands. Should feel like an actual part of the game now. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19xmmd ... sp=sharing.
Kezza

Re: [4.891124]The Deco Add-on all bugs fixed (NEW Cherry tre

Post by Kezza »

Nice :)

I am looking forward to your fermentation system!
Six

Post by Six »

Those cherry blossoms look so damn good, seriously nice work on those man.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Six wrote:Those cherry blossoms look so damn good, seriously nice work on those man.
Oh, next thing on my list is to make an alternate white version of the tree, and then add some descriptions for the Research add-on. So I'm wondering if there is a way to edit descriptions of items from my add-on, I want to edit bonemeal since I've made some changes to it, and so users can figure out how to make fertilizer.
Six

Post by Six »

Yhetti wrote:
Six wrote:Those cherry blossoms look so damn good, seriously nice work on those man.
Oh, next thing on my list is to make an alternate white version of the tree, and then add some descriptions for the Research add-on. So I'm wondering if there is a way to edit descriptions of items from my add-on, I want to edit bonemeal since I've made some changes to it, and so users can figure out how to make fertilizer.
I've not tested it, but I do believe java hashmaps just overwrite values when adding an existing key. So if you use the method I described at the bottom of the OP and simply give it the right key, it should replace any existing description.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Six wrote:-snip-
Cool, I forget if I mentioned that bone meal doesn't work on grass in the same way in the OP.
Fixed the OP to mention more in-depth about the bone meal changes.
Rob

Re: [4.891124]The Deco Add-on, all bugs fixed (NEW Cherry tr

Post by Rob »

Just went to update to the new BTW version, and decided to go all Ash Ketchum on the add-ons. Using MCPatcher to check for conflicts, it came back that this add-on and Six's Research add-on both use, ju.class. Figured you should know. I'll post my findings in Six's thread as well.
Yhetti

Re: [4.891124]The Deco Add-on, all bugs fixed (NEW Cherry tr

Post by Yhetti »

Rob wrote:Just went to update to the new BTW version, and decided to go all Ash Ketchum on the add-ons. Using MCPatcher to check for conflicts, it came back that this add-on and Six's Research add-on both use, ju.class. Figured you should know. I'll post my findings in Six's thread as well.
Fuck! I didn't even realize this: we both use it because BTW add-ons need a way to initialize, so we both must have picked the same one: which was achivement. I'll update that right now since he was probably the first one to use it, i'll change mine, however I do need to hunt for one.
It think I've fixed it. Give me a minute...
Fixed and updated
Yhetti

Re: [4.89PHILLIP] The Deco Add-On - We have returned

Post by Yhetti »

Bump:
I have restarted everything and only added the most stable stuff into the add on.
I have also added a dozen things out of vanilla.

E: Also server stuff will come soon, when I bother to put it together.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

This is awesome! Gonna work on John Smith Textures for this :) Also as you mentioned in OP, you can always contact me if you need any help with textures!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sockthing wrote:This is awesome! Gonna work on John Smith Textures for this :) Also as you mentioned in OP, you can always contact me if you need any help with textures!
Oh yeah, I was looking for some help, the only thing I was having trouble with right now though was converting flowers 0,1, and 3 to x32, some of the other flowers are a little derpy too, but I think I did a pretty good job with the textures this time.

E: oh I didn't realize you updated the vattic pack, I have been anticipating that, I'll have to download.

feel free to just add the ones that I made, that you like to the pack you made.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

Awesome job Yhetti. Decorative blocks is always good to have.

Do you take requests however? There is one blocktype I've always wanted that never was implemented in Minecraft. Never understood why. Glass slabs/sidings!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

sacrife wrote:Awesome job Yhetti. Decorative blocks is always good to have.

Do you take requests however? There is one blocktype I've always wanted that never was implemented in Minecraft. Never understood why. Glass slabs/sidings!
I personally don't like messing will glass, the glass panes were a nightmare, that's why they're not in the current release. But I guess I could do that, it would feel weird not having them in all the colors though, and that is also something I don't want to do. There is also the problem that glass blocks have borders, and they would look messed up if I applied that to FC's sub-block types; I could do slabs though.

TLDR, I will consider glass slabs.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Glad you're bringing this back Yhetti. It was a pleasure to play with in previous versions.
Spoiler
Show
If you are taking suggestions, I would personally love to see gravel and sand slabs. And a weird request for a cobblestone wall recipe for all/some the leaf types. They don't have to interact with the different leaf/stone wall types. But if they could be see through like leaf blocks on fancy, that would be divine.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Rob wrote:Glad you're bringing this back Yhetti. It was a pleasure to play with in previous versions.
Spoiler
Show
If you are taking suggestions, I would personally love to see gravel and sand slabs. And a weird request for a cobblestone wall recipe for all/some the leaf types. They don't have to interact with the different leaf/stone wall types. But if they could be see through like leaf blocks on fancy, that would be divine.
I am not sure if adding different kinds of soil slabs is a balance issue of some sort, I feel like FC didn't add them for a reason...but I don't know. The leaf block thing, sorry, I just don't see that being something that I would want to add, I understand why you want it, it just doesn't contribute to the game very much.

===================

Also I have looked into adding the extra 16 dye colors, and I really can't do it without editing the wolf, sheep, and probably windmill classes, there's no way around changing the values for the dataWatchers, so if anyone knows how to make one of those jar patchers, I am wondering if they can point me in the right direction, otherwise I can't add more colors unless FC somehow changes the numbers in the code for whatever reason.
tyydudu

Post by tyydudu »

Really cool add-on, great job!
But, I have difficulties installing it. Somehow it doesn't seem to work at all, when I start a game there's no add-on related blocks in the game at all.
Please help!
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Yhetti wrote:I am not sure if adding different kinds of soil slabs is a balance issue of some sort, I feel like FC didn't add them for a reason...but I don't know
IMO I think that the reason why flower didn't add those slabs was because gravity would be on the blocks but not on the slabs. However if gravel slabs only stuck to a floor and not a ceiling it would make more sense and would not result in floating gravel. Sand slabs will have even less of a use because of HC Movement and the fact that sandSTONE slabs exist already. Also gravel is the only commonly used path material that does not have a slab variant.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Puzzled wrote:...
Thank you, for making me not have to think about it. Yeah you're right, and this is why I am not adding them.
tyydudu wrote:Please help!
I use McPatcher personally, but when you install it, are you making sure to put it in your Better than Wolves version folder? Do you have Better than Wolves installed? Walk me through what you did.
ion

Post by ion »

great yhetti i was working on those textures for your mod on the last 4 months. looks good with conquest.
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: do you have a list with blocks IDs is good for CTM rules
tyydudu

Post by tyydudu »

I use McPatcher personally, but when you install it, are you making sure to put it in your Better than Wolves version folder? Do you have Better than Wolves installed? Walk me through what you did.
Ooh, I moved McPatcher to the BTW version folder and it worked! Thank you so much! :)
While ago, I played with some random add-on(which I don't remember), but then the McPatcher was just on the desktop and the add-on worked perfectly. Didn't think it could make difference, where the McPatcher was located.
Thanks again :)
ion

Re: [4.89PHILLIP][V1.0] The Deco Add-On - We have returned

Post by ion »

would be cool if the new flowers can be placed in vanilla flower pots
Yhetti

Re: [4.89PHILLIP][V1.0] The Deco Add-On - We have returned

Post by Yhetti »

ion wrote:would be cool if the new flowers can be placed in vanilla flower pots
I was working on that, but there's not enough metadata, so I might work on that later. However, I did make it so that the new flowers will grow in FC's Planters for the next update, so it's pretty easy to make a dye factory, more on that later today though(hopefully)
Yhetti

Re: [PHILLIP][V1.1] The Deco Add-On -with Dyes and White Bri

Post by Yhetti »

Bump for update.

===V1.1===
+Added White Stone Bricks, variations, sub blocks, stairs etc.
+Became more generous with the recipe for wrought iron bars.
+Fixed a bug involving extended block IDs and beacons.
+Gave diamond alloy blocks the same effect as diamond blocks.
+Added all the new flowers to the list of possible things that can grow out of BTW planters.
+Fixed a bug that prevented certain flowers from being placed in BTW planters.
+Added Blue Dye and White Dye, alternatives to Lapis Lazuli and Bone Meal, they behave like dye(No converting required). Certain flowers will drop these in a mill stone.
+Reorganized Class files, this means you will have to delete the old ones or start with a fresh minecraft.jar.

Noticable Bugs: if you white dye shows up as a missing texture, it's becuase there is a capital 'P' in the name for the texture, and it needs to be a lowercase 'p' and planters take a long time to break because I set the wrong hardness.
ion

Re: [PHILLIP][V1.1] The Deco Add-On -with Dyes and White Bri

Post by ion »

nice Yhetti, now i need to do some more textures for Conquest
Yhetti

Re: [PHILLIP][V1.1b] Deco Add-On with Dyes and White Bricks!

Post by Yhetti »

Sorry about that guys, posted a 'b' version to fix the texture problem and the planters.