The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Sockthing

Re: [V2.0b] The Deco Add-On. Now separated into multiple pie

Post by Sockthing »

Awesome! :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Yhetti wrote:Actually the flags/banners are mostly ready. I just need to pretty them up some more I think. I also need more flag textures. The only one I have right now is the "Better Than Wolves" flag. I forget what the minecraft flags look like, but I'm almost certain that mine have more detail, but I haven't looked into it in almost a year.
Cool. Static Textures, not excited but not bad either. would've thought vMC style banners would be a nice use for all the dyes the mod makes available, but static textures means customising the source art rather than painting it in-game.

MC Wiki page on Banners. In case you want to know how textures for those work. its a layer-by-layer painting system.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

DiamondArms wrote:........
Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that sophisticated. I guess I have to give it a try, but I don't know much about making those dynamic recipes...couldn't hurt to learn though.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Spoiler
Show
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Awesome! :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

This looks great. Hay bales, especially if you can make stairs, are the key to thatched roofs. I'm a big fan of building medieval style villages, so I'm really pumped.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I am not doing Hay bale sub blocks. Just because it seems unnecessary. Hay Bales are not a building material, they are a decoration/storage block. Though I will be patiently waiting for someone to send me pictures of their hay-bale maze.

Also this:
Spoiler
Show
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Yhetti wrote:I am not doing Hay bale sub blocks. Just because it seems unnecessary. Hay Bales are not a building material, they are a decoration/storage block. Though I will be patiently waiting for someone to send me pictures of their hay-bale maze.
I won't say I'm not disappointed,I was really looking forward to thatched roofs. But this is your thing and you need to spend your time on what you think is important.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Oh I see what you mean. I guess I thought you were talking about something else. Thatched roofing would be cool but I don't have any idea how I would do it.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I was just thinking hay bale stairs, that would be enough for me, you could call the block roofing, but it would have the same properties as stairs. But I think your addon is great and i will keep using it whether you make thatched roofs or not
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Glad to see this addon being updated. I loved this originally and as soon as ion finishes updating Conquest I'll for sure pick it up. Great work!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

This might be an odd request, but could you(Yhetti) make an aesthetic slime block? I think the way slime blocks look is pretty cool and would like to be able to build with them in BTW.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Yeah I think I can do that, but if it turns out to be too complicated I might not(it shouldn't be).

Also my hostname was down for the last few days, but I just put it back up...just in case anyone was trying to download.
ion

Post by ion »

i really like it. is there any recipe for stained glass panels?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

No, I may add them at some point. There was a reason why I didn't originally add them, but I forgot what it was. One time I made changes that actually made panes look 3D and it was really neat, they looked a lot nicer than vanilla. I'll probably do that, it's just a lot of time I have to sit there and fuck with render code.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Is there a comprehensive list of all crafting recipes modified by this add-on? It's lovely, but the flower pot thing really has me wondering what else I missed.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Install the noloader version of CraftGuide for 1.5.2, it is compatible with BTW and very handy
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

jackatthekilns wrote:Install the noloader version of CraftGuide for 1.5.2, it is compatible with BTW and very handy
Is it also compatible with deco? That's kinda the point im trying to make here :l
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Yes, I understood what you were after. This will help.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Well worth a try then, thank ye.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned, that actually worked perfectly, thanks man.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sorry. I'll have to create a list of recipes and keep track of it. I've been polishing the new update for a while now, adding the clay sub blocks and polishing a few other features. I squashed the fireworks bug, and I found a bug that has to do with panes that I also squashed. It's been slow lately because school is getting fucking intense.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

SockThing is officially part of the Deco Addon team. He has been working on his own stuff for the Deco Addon and we will be releasing it here.
Yhetti

Re: [V2.1] The Deco Add-On. Now separated into multiple piec

Post by Yhetti »

Bump for new version.

Everything is on Github now. So the newest release version will always be on github. This includes the source, the compiled class files, 16 bit and 32 bit textures.

Note there is a new system for enabling/disabling addons. Please note that if you do not add the addonconfig.txt file to your game the Deco Addon will not do anything. This new system is largely untested and I will probably be testing it during the week. Feel free to discuss bugs or problems here or on Github.

On top of the config changes, there are also some minor bug fixes, and I've also added a few small things including:
* Clay sub blocks, which are created in the exact same way as stone/bricks sub blocks
* Hay bales can now be rotated.

Note that further changes might be coming much faster since everything is set up on Github. Sockthing may also be contributing.
ion

Re: [V2.1] The Deco Add-On. Now on Github!

Post by ion »

thank you.
Yhetti

Re: [V2.1] The Deco Add-On. Now on Github!

Post by Yhetti »

Hey guys, I pushed some new changes today.
They include some new rare flowers that can only be obtained from planters.
Spoiler
Show
Rare Flowers:
Dead Shrub,
Fern,
Blue Rose,
Blue Tulip
Planters no longer grow rosebushes.

A bug with ClaySubBlocks on the server was fixed