IMPORTANT: Updated copyright notice

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: Updated copyright notice

Post by FlowerChild »

Due to the actions of a small number of individuals, I've felt the need to update BTW's copyright to explicitly forbid decompilation and reverse engineering:
[*** COPYRIGHT NOTICE ***]

This document and the files contained in this package are Copyright ©(2011, 2012, 2013) and are the intellectual property of the author. All rights reserved. It may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Decompilitation and reverse engineering is strictly prohibited without advanced written permission. Use of this mod on any other website is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
The particularly relevant section is highlighted in bold. If you are making a legitimate add-on for BTW, you may contact me to request such permission.

My apologies for the inconvenience this represents (to me as well), but unfortunately there are members of the community that have decided to abuse my good will about such things making life more difficult for everyone in the process.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Updated copyright notice

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, I've taken a further decision on this one: I won't be granting further permissions to people wanting to create new add ons for the time being, so please don't ask.

Unfortunately, due to the actions of a small number of individuals, my desire to provide further support for add-ons has largely evaporated. What started as a nice little bonus for passionate fans of the mod, and support I was providing just out of a desire to be helpful with such things, has turned into a fairly constant thorn in my side and an entirely unwanted distraction from my work on BTW.

If things calm down eventually, then I may start opening up again, but for the time being, I really just don't want to hear about add-ons anymore. Any permissions already granted will of course stand, so if you're already developing an add-on don't sweat this. If you have an existing add-on that I've missed giving permission to, also feel free to let me know, as I don't want to fuck with the work that people have already put into them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Updated copyright notice

Post by FlowerChild »

This thread is no longer relevant as BTW has moved to a new form of licensing. Please consult the stickied thread in this subforum for the current license and rules governing add-on development.