Riveter's Ironwork texture pack -BTW 4.8

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Riveter

Riveter's Ironwork texture pack -BTW 4.8

Post by Riveter »

Update 3-11-13: Texture pack is updated for 4.8.
Using Summerfields as a base, as this was mostly a need to have one texture pack cover BTW and vanilla.
This is still very much a WIP. I still need to get the hang of animating textures(particularly the axles), and refine the more basic blocks. If you see any blocks that need attention, please don't hesitate to let me know(the axles are a smoothed version of FC's for now).

Download-http://www.mediafire.com/?7c9xv32012s1tkm

This is the continuation of a texture pack project I started when BTW was first released. I've sort of mashed as many of the base textures together as possible to cover all the additional blocks. I'll be refining them as I progress, but for now they sort of look "plain". The base of the pack is built on Lithiumsound's excellent Summerfield's texture pack. I will eventually replace all of the terrain, but the items will probably stay. Also added are the BTW items from Battosay's compilation. I will be adding my own version of these once the terrain is done.

Updated screenshot of mod blocks:

Stratified Stone, Ores are done but not in pic, those are regular stone.
Last edited by Riveter on Sat May 11, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kezza

Re: Riveter's Ironwork texture pack (32x)

Post by Kezza »

the textures for BTW are missing
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

Kezza wrote:the textures for BTW are missing
Bah! This is why you don't post at 3 in the morning! Uploading now.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Wow. I remember when you started working on this ages ago. I assumed that you simply gave up on it; this makes a pleasant surprise.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

My initial thought is that those black lines look very heavy. Tone down the black outlines. Seeing as not every block as them the ones that do, really stand out, they just look odd to me..

I am d/ling it and checking it out. I'm looking for a 32bit t/p.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

nmarshall23 wrote:My initial thought is that those black lines look very heavy. Tone down the black outlines. Seeing as not every block as them the ones that do, really stand out, they just look odd to me..
I've been looking at that as well. Working on a new version. Modifying base textures now before I start adding details is exactly the feedback I'm looking for!
wirer

Post by wirer »

Sweet. currently using your TP. Will Chopping Blocks be awesome?
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

wirer wrote:Sweet. currently using your TP. Will Chopping Blocks be awesome?
Be mindful I need to update this TP to the newest update. I'll have that done by today.

Edit: Just saw the update for 4.53, is there a key for the textures that explains what they used for? I can throw in some placeholders for now, but until I know what they are it may look a bit odd.
wirer

Post by wirer »

the wiki changelog and articles should cover any blocks not updated and and their intended purposes. if you have any specific questions on blocks, i'm sure the good people here can answer them.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Those new textures are from the alternative to mycelium for nether groth. If anyone's found out how to obtain it, they haven't posted about it anywhere I've seen.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
JakeYoung

Re: Riveter's Ironwork texture pack -BTW 4.8

Post by JakeYoung »

I do not quite understand how to install this texture pack based upon the readme.txt. Do you think you could help at all? Thank you.
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

JakeYoung wrote:I do not quite understand how to install this texture pack based upon the readme.txt. Do you think you could help at all? Thank you.
The "btwmodtex" and "textures" folders are dragged into your minecraft.jar. The "SummerFields_5.1-Riveter's mix" are dragged into your texture pack folder in your minecraft installation folder. Should be able to run everything without additional hd patchers and whatnot.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I figured out a slightly different way. Drag modtex and textures into the summerfields folder, then zip up the contents of the folder. that works for me, and I think there are no issues.

Also, is the Wool armor icons in? Mine seems to default to regular 16x icons.
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

DiamondArms wrote:
Also, is the Wool armor icons in? Mine seems to default to regular 16x icons.
Working on those now, also updating some of the other textures.
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

Been getting a ton of stuff done and updated. Should be ready for the new release soon, but I wanted to get some opinions on changes I made to the ore and gem blocks.

DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Riveter wrote:Been getting a ton of stuff done and updated. Should be ready for the new release soon, but I wanted to get some opinions on changes I made to the ore and gem blocks.
Spoiler
Show
I'm a bigger fan of the older textures. These are nice too, but the "grooves" don't sit well with a block that is supposed to be smooth. Personal opinion.
retep998

Post by retep998 »

DiamondArms wrote:
Riveter wrote:Been getting a ton of stuff done and updated. Should be ready for the new release soon, but I wanted to get some opinions on changes I made to the ore and gem blocks.
Spoiler
Show
I'm a bigger fan of the older textures. These are nice too, but the "grooves" don't sit well with a block that is supposed to be smooth. Personal opinion.
Personally, I'd really like to see blocks that actually look as if they are made out of 9 of some material, although 9 isn't a cube number so it would be kinda hard to pull off.
Spoiler
Show
If only FC knew that bunny for my avatar was from My Little Pony :P
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

I think I see where you are coming from. I rarely if ever use my ore blocks as building material, so look at them from an aesthetic "in chests" icon. I'll work on a version of each that would tile well.