BetterRedstone BTW Addon [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.21 ~ 4.2.2]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
gyx

BetterRedstone BTW Addon [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.21 ~ 4.2.2]

Post by gyx »

with thousands of machine been built,with hundreds of hour spending on adjust wires,and, a little addon,Out Stave finally came to the idea that the redstonewire's pointing can be manually controlled!
all is done by a new block called PCB(popular carved block),which,when placed under the redstonewire,will reshape it's pointing according to the PCB's direction.
In other words,when placed on PCB, redstonewire will only receive power or transmit power into the direction you controlled
you'll need tap the PCB or redstionwire on it with bare hand to change the directiion
For redstone on other blocks,they are not supposed to affected by this addon (if so,that should be a bug,please leave me a message)

recipe:
Spoiler
Show
you'll need one fermentedSpiderEye,one potash, and a stone in an stoked Stewing Pot to create a PCB.
screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
PCB Blocks itself could be an Aesthetic block with proper texture I think:
as you can see, the redstonewire runs on the direction the PCB block is pointing to
yeah,you can make this
and,something like this
you sill remember how to wire a piston wall?
now it's gonna to be like this
much more pretty,don't they?
Many thanks to those help in this mod,and,special thanks to szszss, his mod tutorial(in Chinese) is just great.

Download:
Yoinks -Flower

For any bug report,suggestion,or things you want me to notice,please leave it in this thread,I may not looking for them in other threads

COPYRIGHT NOTICE is same as btw
Last edited by gyx on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anbaric

Re: BetterRedstone BTW Addon [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.21]

Post by Anbaric »

I'm going to have to say it, wow! This is how to make redstone wiring compact without undermining ingenuity! It kind of makes sense, really, if redstone is a trail of dust you place on the ground, how does it move and shift to connect to newly placed redstone? This way, it has a pre-set groove that you pour it into to make wire. Genius!

One question. How do you power the PCB block? Will a RS torch under it still work?
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Charzy

Post by Charzy »

It looks like it's just powered the same as other redstone, going by the pictures.
gyx

Post by gyx »

Anbaric wrote: One question. How do you power the PCB block? Will a RS torch under it still work?
PCB is considered as an solid block,and the redstonewire is still a separate block one block higher then it.the only change is that redstonewire has the same pointing direction as PCB under it.
gyx

Post by gyx »

Charzy wrote:It looks like it's just powered the same as other redstone, going by the pictures.
try it out and I'm sure you'll love it
sky_demon

Re: BetterRedstone BTW Addon [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.21 ~ 4.2.2]

Post by sky_demon »

Well i have to say thats really awesome :)) firstly i thought that its nothing special, but when i saw screenshots it seems its aweomse :D this thing can help with making some really good and compact designs :))
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I love it, but its a reason for the recipe `?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

I was going to check this mod out however I see you use avg.class which is a class that BTW utilizes. Just wondering is it a vanilla avg.class?
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:I was going to check this mod out however I see you use avg.class which is a class that BTW utilizes. Just wondering is it a vanilla avg.class?
<cues dramatic music>

Not this again please. Redistributing mod-files is a no go.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup...confirmed. Removing download link and locking OP until this gets resolved with bonus points for wasting my time and pissing me off.
zatty

Post by zatty »

So is Gyx gone for good? Been keeping an eye out for Gyx but haven't seen anything since FC found out about the files. Would like to know if I should keep an eye on this or not.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Necro is to be avoided... Plus the chance of him coming back is slim to none. Shame, really..
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
zatty

Post by zatty »

I apologize for the necro, was not my intention. Thank you for the input though.