Misa's Realistic "Themed" Texture Pack (x64) for BTW (4.41)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Pucc

Misa's Realistic "Themed" Texture Pack (x64) for BTW (4.41)

Post by Pucc »

I really enjoy the textures Misa has made from vanilla MC and thus I attempted to create textures for the BTW blocks in theme of Misa's textures so that I could continue using the pack and continue to be a happy miner. Note that this pack is a work in progress and as such only provides the BTW block textures for download and various other texture such as the breeding harnesses and arrows, others will be along shortly.

(Download link at the bottom of the page)

Here are the pngs for your viewing pleasure:

BTW Textures:
Spoiler
Show
BTW Items (note, there's still a bit of 'cleaning' up to do for some of the item textures, thus they are not available for download just yet but here's a sneak peek):
Spoiler
Show
Breeding Harnesses: (as I know some of you only use a texture pack based on this, sorry you may be disappointed).
Spoiler
Show
Not what you expected right? Just remember green is clean!

All the texture's used are creations from various other texture packs, a pair of scissors and a hint of glue. So don't thank me thank the authors of these texture packs:

Misa's Realistic Texture Pack (Misa)
Kantos Albion Texture Pack (Dante80)

Download Link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102165105/BTW%2 ... 0(x64).zip

Other infomation:

The pack requires the latest MCpatcher link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232 ... ix-210-02/
Note BTW does not support Misa's connected textures as of yet so remove ctm the folder from the texture pack to stop the crashes, additionally each time you load MC you will need to swap back to vanilla texture and back again to this texture pack for some of the textures to work properly (still haven't found a better way of getting around this).

Got suggestions for improvements? I'd love to hear them.

Please note I made this pack for my own use and will not use it for any personal gain, I just thought I'd share it with others since sharing is caring, eugh I hate that phrase. Now I just need an SMP server to use these on myself...

Update Log:
Spoiler
Show
- Updated to v4.41
- Added Clean Chopping block

- Updated to v4.40
- Added all new aesthetic blocks (will be adding alternatives to some mainly brick, I hate red brick)
- Added an alternate growth textures for vanilla Carrots & Potatoes (requested). Note these will need to be copy & pasted into your vanilla mc texture pngs.

- Updated to v4.38
- Added alternate Nether Brick textures (i.e. in line with Misa's textures)

-Updated to v4.37 (Added Lightning Rod)

-Updated to v4.34 (Added Chopping block)
-Cleaned up the column texture

- Changed the column and pedestal textures to be more stone-like (the old textures can be found in the alternate textures png file)
- Updated stake textures for vertical string placement.
- Added alternate texture for the table
- Updated fertilized soil textures

- Updated to v4.22

- Updated to v4.21
- added new planter textures

- Updated to v4.20
-Added Stake textures

- Added alternate texture for the Detector Block, items png half complete.
- Added alternate textures for the millstone and hopper due to request, more on the way along with the items png
Last edited by Pucc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 30 times in total.
walker_boh_65

Re: Misa's Realistic "Themed" Texture Pack (x64) for BTW (v1

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Pucc wrote: Misa's Realistic Texture Pack
Kantos Albion Texture Pack
Battosay's Mix
TBTWPT Textures
Did you ask batto to use his textures? Many of them are not his, that he got permission for. For that matter did you ask anyone to use their textures?
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I did not, kind of new when it comes to posting texture packs. I am aware that (since this stuff is basically freeware) that posting the names of the original authors and referencing their packs would be sufficient, if it is not this post maybe deleted and ignored. I just had "trying to benefit the community" in mind if it has hindered it more I am sorry.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

That is not sufficient. While many texture pack authors are fine with only having links and credit given to them to their work, not all of them are content with just that. You must contact the authors of the texture packs - obtain their permission - and then properly credit them. In the cases of texture packs like Battosays, you will likely need to figure out what parts of his pack came from other artists, and obtain permission from the appropriate authors for the parts you used.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

No. You must provide credit. Some authors do allow that, but many do not.

Edit: Ninja'd
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

In that case how do I go about removing this post? Or does it require an administrator? Apologies for any harm this may have caused.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Just ask for permission, and remove the dl until you get it.

EDIT: If you get a no, remove those textures and replace them with something else. No need to delete the thread.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Ok, thank you. Sent permission requests, fingers crossed.
teh_tetra

Post by teh_tetra »

and now with the permission of Morvelaira she who holds the right of Prima-Squee-Ti....*Man SQUEEEE*
Foxy Boxes wrote:I don't often see, but when I do, it's what you did there.
Flowerchild wrote:never underestimate the value of a good cudgel
Utterbob

Re: Misa's Realistic "Themed" Texture Pack (x64) for BTW (4.

Post by Utterbob »

This is some lovely work, looking forward to more! Great job keeping it close to Misa's style, it fits seamlessly :)
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Hi,

Just downloaded your pack supplemental and wanted to say nice work. Also, are you planning on adding a btwitems01 in the future?
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

abzu93 wrote:Hi,

Just downloaded your pack supplemental and wanted to say nice work. Also, are you planning on adding a btwitems01 in the future?
Thanks, I am indeed they are about 60-70% done.
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

-Added Stake textures there are 5 in total but I've only included 3 since I can't figure out what the other 2 do, if you find out please let me know!
I just found out what 1 (or maybe both) of them does. With the pack as-is, if you attach string to the top of a stake it becomes invisible.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Ah nice spot, should be fixed now. This reminds me that I need to sort out the nether Groth textures, I've used the texture of the netherrack I use in my own pack rather than the one in Misa's I'll try and change that this weekend too.

As for items I'm up to the last two rows if I find the time this could be done fairly soon.
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

Thanks for the stake update :D Looks much better end on in the build I was doing!

Quick question, do you happen to have an alternative texture for the stone column? I love the one you used but it clashes badly in my world since I had built them into smooth stone/stone brick structures before moving over to the pack, I’m also thinking that a sandstone column is pretty likely once extended block ID’s finally hit.

I have made a serviceable replacement but it was the only one I could find that was remotely close enough to use; I took the Ovo rustic (I think... off the top of my head) white stone one and darkened it until it was about the same shade as the Misa stone (the gray stone in that pack was blocks, I wanted to keep the ridged look) but it's only an ok match on style and loses some detail in the brightness change. My artistic ability is... well... there isn’t any so improving it beyond that is not doable :(
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Utterbob wrote:Quick question, do you happen to have an alternative texture for the stone column? I love the one you used but it clashes badly in my world since I had built them into smooth stone/stone brick structures before moving over to the pack, I’m also thinking that a sandstone column is pretty likely once extended block ID’s finally hit.
I've altered the main terrain.png and included the new textures for the columns in there, the old ones can be found in the alternate textures file along with some other stone looking ones if you want to chop and choose.
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

I've altered the main terrain.png and included the new textures for the columns in there, the old ones can be found in the alternate textures file along with some other stone looking ones if you want to chop and choose.
Oh, awesome! Thank you! :D
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Cleaned up the column texture again it was bugging me a bit.

Let me know if you want more gore added to the new chopping block :)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Ok, so the item.png is almost finished got the textures pinned down but there's some cleaning up to do for quite a few of the item textures but they are getting there. Images of the items can be found in the OP.
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

There looking good, looking forward to it :)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Just a heads up probably won't get chance to update this pack for a while got some traveling to do :), apologies.
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

Damn! That's okay =) absolutely love this pack! Can't look at my homeworld without it.

I love kinda the dark tone of realism it sets. Makes me especially evil when capturing souls, and really influenced the way I designed my buildings.
Dante80

Post by Dante80 »

Great job man, cheers..^^

You of course have the permission to use any and every asset from Albion in your work, keep the goodness coming...C:
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Dante80 wrote:Great job man, cheers..^^

You of course have the permission to use any and every asset from Albion in your work, keep the goodness coming...C:
Thanks man :)

Anyway managed to update, that's a fair amount of new aesthetic blocks FC has added. Was checking the new textures in game kind of made me realise just how much he's added, anyway hope you like :).
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

You probably haven't changed it recently, but the enchanting table is really cool! I can't get over how good my enchanting room looks with it. So many beautiful colors =)

Anyways, still using your pack. Absolutely love it. Thanks for the update.