Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.4 alpha for MC1.4.7 and BTW4.42]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
sargunv
Site Admin

Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.4 alpha for MC1.4.7 and BTW4.42]

Post by sargunv »

Links:
Downloads
MC Forum Thread

New:
Version 2.4 alpha updated the mod to Minecraft 1.4.7. Keep in mind that the sturdy boats still have the same problems as the last version.

Info:
This add-on is made up of several different modules which can be enabled or disabled at will in the config file. The complete mod uses 7 block IDs.

Videos:
Spoiler
Show
Boats:
Sturdy Boats are available once you get the saw, and have advanced features compared to the vanilla boats. These boats don't break as easily and will require an axe to break. You can place sails, chests, and crafting tables on the boat. Sails can be dyed any of the 16 colors. Boats can be connected together with glue. Right click on a single (unconnected) boat, and then right click on the boat you want it to connect to. To disconnect boats, break them with an axe. Connected boats will split apart when broken, and single boats will drop into item form when broken. Larger collections of boats will require a stringer axe to break. Boats can transport animals wearing breeding harnesses. Larger boats will move slower than smaller ones, but you can use sails to speed them up. There are also steel boats, which work on lava. They will overheat and will need to be cooled after a few minutes of being in lava.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Recipes:
Spoiler
Show
Chisel:
The chisel and handsaw are primarily used to manupulate slabs. Use a chisel on stone, sandstone, brick, stone brick, or cobblestone to convert it to a slab on the spot. Use the chisel on a slab to switch the orientation. Hold shift while using the chisel on stone brick or sandstone to change the design on the block. The handsaw works the same way as the chisel, but on planks and wool.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Converting blocks to slabs:

Changing designs:

Switching Orientation:
Recipes:
Spoiler
Show
The tools:

Converting slabs to blocks:
Sensors:
The weight sensor is used to detect how full the container above is. Wooden weight sensors output a redstone signel when the container above is not empty, and stone weight sensors output a signal when the container above is full. They work on most inventories (chests, dispensers, etc), liquid containers (cauldrons, juice containers), and some entities (storage minecarts). The color sensors are used to detect the color of wool or wool slabs. There are three kinds: red, green, and blue. Some colors activate more than one kind. For example, orange wool activates both red and green sensors.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Recipes:
Spoiler
Show
Fruit:
Four fruit trees spawn in the world: apple, orange, grape, and banana. They are most common in jungles and oceans, but they can also be found in forests and hills. The fruit can be eaten to restore two hunger. Fertilizer can be used like bone meal on the fruit saplings. When fertilizer is used on grass blocks, it has a small chance of yielding a fruit sapling. Fertilizer is made by heating a cooked fish in a Stewing Pot or a Furnace.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Recipes:
Spoiler
Show
Juice:
Fruit juice is an early game alternative to the potion system. It is made from the four types of fruit in the mod. To make juice, put a Juice Container a few blocks below a Juice Maker, and put some water (still or flowing) above the Juice Maker. Toss some fruit in the top of the Juice Maker, and power it with mechanical power. Juice should start pouring out the bottom and start falling into the container. Right click the container with a glass bottle to obtain the juice. Juice bottles are stackable. 16 apples are required for a bottle of apple juice, 8 oranges for orange juice, 12 grapes for grape juice, and 32 bananas for banana juice. Apple juice gives heal and regen, orange clears all potion effects, grape gives haste and speed, and banana gives resistance and strength. If you have CraftGuide installed, this mod will add juice recipes to the CraftGuide.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Recipes:
Spoiler
Show
Nether:
This mod fixes the Nether so that it generates all the way to the true height limit of the world (255). The new 127 blocks of vertical space are now filled in with Netherrack and a bit of Glowstone. It also flattens the bedrock at the bottom of both worlds and the top of the Nether for that extra little bit of digging space. I recommend you disable this section if you play in a world generated before installing version 1.5 or later of this mod.

Tweaks
This mod disables the void fog and particles, and fixes the food particles for fruit and all BTW foods. These tweaks can be disabled in the config.

EDIT: The food particle fix has been removed from this mod because BTW has fixed it as of version 4.41.

Config:
Block and Item IDs can be modified in the config file, and the seperate sections of the mod can be enabled and disabled at will. The config is located in "/minecraft/config/SVConfig.cfg". It is a plain text file and can be modified with any text editor such as Notepad.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Show
2.4 alpha
WARNING: Boats still have the same issues as the last version
Updated the mod to work with Minecraft 1.4.7 and BTW 4.42.
2.3 alpha
WARNING: Boats still have the same issues as the last version
Updated the mod to work with Minecraft 1.4.5 and BTW 4.37.
Disabled workbench boats.
Update: Fixed for BTW 4.40
2.2 alpha
WARNING: This version may be buggy, so back up your saves. Also, don't use the workbench boats.
Updated the mod to work with Minecraft 1.3.2 and BTW 4.13.
Changed default block IDs to be further away from the BTW ones, as they were conflicting again. Make backups then check and fix your config files before opening saves!
Removed CraftGuide compatibility for juice due to CraftGuide going Forge.
Moved most of the mod's class files into a seperate subfolder.
Added steel boats. They can't connect or carry addons, but they work on lava until overheated.
Added the boat sprite to the mod's items spritesheet.
Added an option to the config to disable void fog (defaults to true).
Added an option to the config to fix food breaking particles (defaults to true).
Changed connected boats so they become harder to push as they get bigger.
Fixed player sometimes falling through sturdy boats and steel boats.
Fixed player moving to the wrong position when unmounting connected boats.
Everything in 2.0beta, plus the following:
Enabled SVBoat by default, since it is now stable. If you have an older config, you may still have to enable it manually.
Fixed the stack size 0 bug.
Fixed boats not taking damage in fire, lava, the void, and explosions.
Fixed axes not getting damaged when breaking boats.
Changed the way speed is calculated for connected boats.
Improved collisions with blocks.
Improved boat targeting using raytracing.
Improved boat rotation.
Added the ability for weight sensors to detect the inventories of boats.
Added the ability to transport animals in boats if they are wearing breeding harnesses.
2.0beta
Added a beta release of Sturdy Boats. It is disabled by default, but it can be enabled in the config file.
Changed the rarity of fruit trees. They are now much more common in jungle biomes, slightly less common in ocean biomes, and much rarer in forest biomes. They no longer spawn in mountain biomes.
Fixed juice maker timing not working correctly.
Fixed the animated juice texture not displaying correctly when using MCPatcher.
Fixed the chisel not notifying neightboring blocks when used.
Fixed fruit sometimes getting stuck on the edge of the top of the juice maker.
Added the ability to rotate stairs with the chisel or the handsaw.
Added the ability to use the chisel and handsaw on double slabs.
Added a sound effect when using a chisel or handsaw.
Added a small bouncing effect to fruit in the juice maker.
Replaced the juice maker's clicking sound with a particle effect.
Removed the ability to pick up fruit from a juice maker while it is powered.
Removed right click functionality for the juice maker. It still works fine with the hand crank.
Fixed the color sensors dropping the wrong type when broken.
The mod is no longer downloadable as seperate modules, but you can disable individual sections in the config file.
Fixed the Nether so that it generates all the way to the true height limit of the world (255). The new 127 blocks of vertical space are now filled in with Netherrack and Glowstone.
Flattened the bedrock at the bottom of both worlds and at the roof of the Nether.
Both items above can be disabled in the config by setting 'loadNether' to false.
Added CraftGuide support for the Juice Maker. It shows how many of each fruit you need to make each juice.
Added Color Sensors.
Changed fruit so it can be walked through.
Switched to Forge's texture system. Food particles will look weird, but that's a Forge bug (Donuts do it too).
Fruit trees that generate with the world now start with some fruit. Fruit trees grown with saplings are unaffected.
Changed the way Juice Makers and Weight Sensors update to fix an issue with Somnia.
Fixed a minor graphical issue with Weight Sensors.
The Weight Sensor now works with entites that implement IInventory (Storage Carts).
Changed the Juice Maker high effieciency recipe to no longer use stone siding.
Added a high efficiency recipe for Weight Sensors.
Fixed a problem with Weight Sensors not working on Juice Containers.
Activating a Juice Maker by hand now affects hunger the same as a hand crank.
Fertilizer can no longer be made by hand. It now requires a Stewing Pot.
Renamed all the class files to make it easier for me to package them into the different modules. This shouldn't affect anything in-game.
Changed the way the different modules work in the code. Tell me if you experience any problems.
Changed the default Block IDs to not conflict with BTW. If you already started a world with this mod, you'll have to change them back in the new config file.
Changed the way the config file works. It is now one file, instead of being spread out over multiple files.
Added the ability to turn cooked fish into fertilizer in BTW's Stewing Pot
Added the ability to recycle the iron from juice makers in the crucible.
Added BTW high efficiency recipes.
Added ability to use the handsaw on wool blocks to make BTW's wool slabs.
Added recipes to convert BTW's wool slabs back into wool blocks
Added ability to activate the Juice Maker with Better Than Wolves mechanical power.
Added the new SVSensors module.
Added weight sensors.
Fruit now falls off the tree after some time
Fertilizer used on a grass block will (rarely) yield fruit saplings
Added recipes to convert slabs back to full blocks
Fixed crash when right clicking a Juice Container with an empty hand
Fixed problem with items not showing up correctly in NEI or TMI
First version released!
Installation:
  1. Download and install Modloader and Better Than Wolves.
  2. Drag this mod's zip file into the "mods" folder in your minecraft folder.
  3. Run the game once to generate the config file.
Texture Packs:
  • Panda added support for this mod in her pack: Link
  • Th3m1ner added support for this mod in his pack: Link
morvelaira

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon

Post by morvelaira »

*squees... in space...*

Fruit trees have always interested me :D
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

This looks awesome. Downloading now. :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Wow, that looks pretty cool.

I look forward to seeing where this ends up going :)
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Awesome stuff man! Congrats on the release!
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Thanks for this. Giving it a go now. Definitely going to enjoy the ability to change the design of these blocks, especially stone.

Nice work!
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I've said it already on the mcf, but again, great job. I suppose by fertilizer you mean bonemeal?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

FlowerChild wrote:Awesome stuff man! Congrats on the release!
Ulfengaard wrote:Nice work!
Thanks!
embirrim wrote:I suppose by fertilizer you mean bonemeal?
I would have to edit the bonemeal base class for that. Fertilizer is crafted with fish and acts like bonemeal for my saplings. I just realized I forgot to put the fertilizer recipe in the thread. I'll put that up in a sec.

EDIT: Done.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

In the BTW version you should change the recipe for fertilizer from fish to dung, since it makes more sense IMO.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
Moldiworp2

Post by Moldiworp2 »

The sensors..... I just... THEY'RE SO GOOD!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Dry Paratroopa wrote:In the BTW version you should change the recipe for fertilizer from fish to dung, since it makes more sense IMO.
Since we have a way to automate fishing now, and fish really isn't used anywhere else in big quantities... I prefer fish!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

how i change item ids ? and how i see which one a used ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Underscored

Post by Underscored »

This is pretty awesome. Downloading now!
>tfw your jimmies are rustled
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Dry Paratroopa wrote:In the BTW version you should change the recipe for fertilizer from fish to dung, since it makes more sense IMO.
I want to keep it as fish because fish don't have much use yet.
embirrim wrote:Since we have a way to automate fishing now, and fish really isn't used anywhere else in big quantities... I prefer fish!
Exactly. :)
Donzaffi wrote:how i change item ids ? and how i see which one a used ?
The config file is in the "config" folder in your ".minecraft". You can look at other mods' configs to see which ones are used. I think NEI also shows used IDs.
Moldiworp2 wrote:The sensors..... I just... THEY'RE SO GOOD!
Underscored wrote:This is pretty awesome. Downloading now!
Thanks. :)

-------------

I just released a new update to the mod. It adds some high efficiency recipes, the ability to melt down the iron in the juice maker, and the ability to turn fish into fertilizer in the cauldron stewing pot. It also changes the way the config file is handled. Make sure to fix your configs before loading your world if you already used the mod before version 1.2.

EDIT: I'm also taking a break for a while to actually play the game, so don't expect updates for a few days unless an urgent bug comes up.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Hey, Sargunster. I loaded your SV Complete pack into my /mods directory, and I got the following in my Modloader.txt.

I hope it's my fault and an easy fix. :)
Spoiler
Show
FINE: mod_SVJuice not found.
May 26, 2012 7:33:03 PM ModLoader addMod
FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_SVUtils.class"
May 26, 2012 7:33:03 PM ModLoader addMod
FINER: THROW
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: SVBlockWeightSensor
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at mod_SVUtils.<init>(mod_SVUtils.java:36)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:294)
at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1276)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:887)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SVBlockWeightSensor
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 18 more
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Hmm... looks like I left some files out of that zip. Will repackage and reupload.

EDIT: Fixed. Sorry about that.
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

This is awesome, looks i don't need to worry on start coding so soon than i thought *puts on sunglasses* jk jk xD
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Really fun mod, I decided to give it a go and was just setting up my automatic juice production, but the weight sensors don't seem to work with juice containers.
I tested with chests and cauldrons, here both sensors work as expected, but in my juice production no reaction from either of them when I fill up a juice container above or when I move a full juice container on top of a sensor.
Can anyone confirm this or is my install somehow messed up?
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Whoa! The sensors are really cool! Keep this up sarg, looks great so far :)
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Whisp wrote:Really fun mod, I decided to give it a go and was just setting up my automatic juice production, but the weight sensors don't seem to work with juice containers.
I tested with chests and cauldrons, here both sensors work as expected, but in my juice production no reaction from either of them when I fill up a juice container above or when I move a full juice container on top of a sensor.
Can anyone confirm this or is my install somehow messed up?
Yeah, this is happening to me too. I installed the complete mod, not the individual parts, if that makes any difference.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon [v1.3 for MC1.2.5]

Post by sargunv »

Alright, I just released a new version and fixed that bug (along with a few things that were bothering me). I'm also about to start moving all the info/recipes from the MCF thread to this one.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

sargunster wrote:Alright, I just released a new version and fixed that bug (along with a few things that were bothering me). I'm also about to start moving all the info/recipes from the MCF thread to this one.
Great! I've downloaded already, I think it's working fine.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Hey im gonna texture your stuff i've decided : ) Will u link to my tp on your Mcf topic when im done?
Never say no to Panda.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Panda wrote:Hey im gonna texture your stuff i've decided : )
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!
Panda wrote:Will u link to my tp on your Mcf topic when im done?
Sure, will do.
Panda

Post by Panda »

sargunster wrote:
Panda wrote:Hey im gonna texture your stuff i've decided : )
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!
Panda wrote:Will u link to my tp on your Mcf topic when im done?
Sure, will do.
.... weres the terrain sprites...
Never say no to Panda.