SummerFields + BTW (32x32)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
mogulus

Re: SummerFields + BTW (32x32)

Post by mogulus »

Ok folks. Here's what I've got.

btw summerfields 1.5.1

There's still more work to be done. If you don't like something and want it changed, please let me know.

:)

next on the to do list, re-implementing lithiumsounds' items and fixing some of the remaining low res textures. I'm learning as I am working, so if you have any suggestions, just tell me.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
johnt

Post by johnt »

an animated summer fields would be amazing, in case anyone wants to work on that :)
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

Thank you for working on this, mogulus! SummerFields is definitely one of my favorite packs out there.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Alright. This update has lots of items restored to their glorious lithiumsound versions and has GUI created for both the anvil and the infernal enchanter.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2llauqha39ap6sd

Thank you all for downloading and as usual, let me know if i'm missing anything you need.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I made this for a Thaumcraft pack a while back, but never ended up using it (because of Thaumcraft3 coming out). If it's any use to you, free to have it.

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Thanks, I will see if I can incorporate them. I've been wondering what to/if I should change the fc sfs textures and I'm thinking these would be perfect. I appreciate it very much.

I just got done updating hardcore stratification, nearly all food items and drops to 32x and animated furnace, torches, glows tone, powered rails and diamond ores.

After adding these weapons, all I have left are hardcore armors and I'm done. I should be ready to throw up that version within the week.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

please excuse the double post:

NEW RELEASE!

going away for vacation and wanted to go ahead and throw up what i've been working on. This version contains the following changes:

-creeper oysters, all soups, food items, dinners etc updated to 32x resolution
-fireworks rockets ( damp rockets, excuse me ), fireworks charges, ancient manuscripts and fireworks particles replaced with lithiumsounds' original design. Just found them the other day. woo hoo!
-wool armor now looks like woodsy type attire and can still be dyed. learned to do overlays while working on this. fun was had. however, I noticed that there is an item called wool socks and didn't mess with that. So if upon my return I discover than flowerchild in fact put these in the game, I will do my job. Was under the impression that wool socks weren't implemented.
-hardcore stratification accommodated. I did this by using lithium's texture for stone and warping it, with the idea being that the stone has been warped by heat and pressure into something slightly harder. All ores were updated too, including animated diamonds.
-diamond ingot now pink/purple. Seriously. I like it but if you guys don't it's simple enough for me to change them back to sky blue. I know how we all fear change :)
-hardcore piles textured.
-ANIMATED TEXTURES for torches, diamond ores, glows tone, powered rails and furnaces.
-CONNECTED TEXTURE support for glass!
-Cleaner, more astrology themed clock texture

I think that's about it.
Anyway, have a great week. When I get back i'll get to finishing this up, or running like a chicken with my head cut off to keep up with any coming updates. :)
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Dude! Awesome! Thanks for this :)
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

New update!!!!
(edit: oops. missed texture for vertically placed dispenser. updated version in following link.)
SF1.5.1 MogCTM

new version contains the following:
* Super special axle animation.
* ALL armors in HCA and their respective items are finished.
* Various items, such as eye of redstone, tallow, soap, etc. reworked. urns, soul urns and more.
* Pile colors tweaked to better match their parent items.
*** COMPOUND BOW now actually looks like it's made from compound items.
* Paper, fabric, hemp, hemp fibers are now summerfieldsey.
* The Beast is now as creepy as it should be.
* All powders, such as nitre, sawdust, souldust, etc, are now 32x.
* The clock is now faced completely different. And you can see it's gears :)
* Vertical windmill, water wheel and wind mill items and components now appear to be made from what you're
making them from, to increase immersion.
* The DUNG...it should have always been lumpy. Now the world is yours.
* Furnace, light block now animated with the torchlike glow. glowstone animation has been amplified a bit.
* Refined items updated. Big thanks to Gilberreke for providing much needed textures.I didn't need them for diamond or iron but I surely wanted something special and awesome for the soulforged tools and weapons. I made my own sword, however, because I really wanted a serrated edge on one side and to make it hollow in the middle, so it would be lighter and more agile.
* Wool clothes reworked to look cleaner. (if anyone knows if it's possible to have an overlay for the wool chestplate please let me know. I tried and failed to add one, but the Helm worked without a hitch.
various tweaks

Thanks for Downloading :)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

thank you for the add on support! love it :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Cydize

Post by Cydize »

A huge thanks for the work you've put into updating this, Summerfields is now right back up there as one of my favorite textures :)

Just one issue that's been bugging me a little, the diamond textures on the enchantment table and that other block (laser? Can't remember off the top of my head) are still blue, am I right in thinking they should be that pale purple?
Evening news: Where they start with 'Good Evening' and proceed to tell you why it isn't.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Cydize wrote:A huge thanks for the work you've put into updating this, Summerfields is now right back up there as one of my favorite textures :)

Just one issue that's been bugging me a little, the diamond textures on the enchantment table and that other block (laser? Can't remember off the top of my head) are still blue, am I right in thinking they should be that pale purple?
Thank you very much! I'm really enjoying having something to work on and contribute a little.

I kinda facepalmed when I read the second half of your post. I can't believe I missed that. You're right, I am striving to make the whole pack a bit more "this is what you're using and this is what you get out of it", so for consistency I really should ( and will ) change those two. I assume by laser you mean Lens?

Anyway, consider it fixed next update, along with tweaked stratification texutures, gui for the hoppers and more :)
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

well, seems i have been beaten to the punch lol. been working with cuddlewoozle for a while on BTW support but did not want her to publish an unfinished pack for BTW so have been quietly working away on it. most of the work is not my own as i took over from Lithiumsound's BETA release for the pack before Cuddlewoozle did a version of it. but i suppose that would teach me for not reading the forums. if you like mogulus i can post my contributions to the pack? well regardless, I will put it up on mediafire.

edit: now on mediafire. anything that is similar to Mogulus' work is coincidental as i have no idea how much input to the original BETA release from lithium there was. anything that is still original textures from FC i need help with as i am stuck. (things like padded armour) also any feedback would be great. Cuddlewoozle is working on this but has not prioritized it

the link to what I have is http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4zlj ... upport.zip
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Well, welcome aboard. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one wishing for BTW support.
I posted to cuddlewoozles' addon thread some time ago announcing my intent and hoping for some sort of official "blessing" or permission but last time I looked there had been no response, so I figured i'd go ahead in Lithium's absence.

I used lithium's own work as much as I could and tried to stay in touch with the overall feel as much as I could. I took a quick glance at your work. I like the idea of using the villagers' clothes as wool. Very smart.

Anyways, welcome aboard :)
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

thanks, lithium has handed over responsibility of summerfields entirely to cuddlewoozle. although when she last PM'd me on the MC forums she had not been too well and was a little swamped with real life stuff so it wouldnt surprise me if the same has also happened recently as she did say her online stuff would be erratic. but it does say on the fan extension thread as well as the main summerfields thread that anyone can make textures (as long as any credit needed is giving of course) if you like i have her email if you wanted to send some stuff across.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

I would appreciate that :) I did actually post an early version of the pack to the thread but I've gotten loads more dls here so I never posted any updates afterwards. If you think I should try my luck again maybe it's time.
woeuntoyou

Post by woeuntoyou »

Can I make a request? On the stratosphere textures, would you make it so that the stone gets darker instead of squigglier kind of like it is in default BTW textures? Like a smooth transition from light colored stone to dark colored bedrock.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

Suggestions are very welcome. And I am sort of one step ahead of you.

SFMOG5

I played around with darkening the textures while preparing this release the other day, but I didn't really like it. However, I was listening to icynewyear and flowerchild's 'lets play', where FC talked about the visual impact the strata had when he looked down into a chasm, and wanted to at least capture that somewhat.

The wavy blocks are here to stay, but if you dislike the tint I gave them in this attempt, i'll go back to the drawing board and try something else. Just let me know what you think.

Anyway, in this release are the following changes:

*aforementioned hc strata changes. strata 1 has a light green and strata 2 a light red tinge. Ores are also more consistent with coloring of the strata.
*hc strata stone tiling is now much much smoother in strata 2.
*customized GUI for crafting table, anvil and millstone. I didn't even realize the millstone gui was hopelessly busted until I was playing in front of someone the other day and they pointed it out. my brain was glossing it over and ignoring it for me. Hope i'm not missing anything else :)
*anvil texture edited to match GUI. It doesn't work 100% but it's the best i can do since the anvil simply wraps one texture around the entire block.
*Diamond elements of enchanting table and lens fixed. Infernal enchanter will wait till next time.
*Cauldron contents are now animated and match the GUI a bit better.
*Plate armor set now a little more badass. I might add nipples one day.

As always, thanks for downloading and have fun!
Cydize

Post by Cydize »

Firstly, love you for the frequent updates!
mogulus wrote:I didn't even realize the millstone gui was hopelessly busted until I was playing in front of someone the other day and they pointed it out. my brain was glossing it over and ignoring it for me.
And here I was thinking it was just my punishment for packing Optifine into my jar.

Also, I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but the diamond sword has a few pixels at its tip that are still dark blue. You'll can see them on the model when holding the sword. At least, I think they're dark blue. If that colour's actually dark purple please let me know :P
Evening news: Where they start with 'Good Evening' and proceed to tell you why it isn't.
woeuntoyou

Post by woeuntoyou »

mogulus wrote:The wavy blocks are here to stay, but if you dislike the tint I gave them in this attempt, i'll go back to the drawing board and try something else. Just let me know what you think.
I just kinda wanted them to be darker, but have the same texture (without the waves), like it is in the default. I tried doing it myself, but I'm horrible at gimp. What I imagine someone doing in a few minutes, took me more than an hour and just ended up dumping it. You don't have to add them in your texture pack if you like it wavy, I'm just making a separate request for my own mixed texture pack.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

If I have time I'll do that but no promises. I highly suggest if you have an inspired idea, stick with learning the program and accomplishing it. Pm me if you want help in the meantime.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

NEW RELEASE :)

This release contains the following:

*changed strata textures and ores therein to be darker with depth ( though still wavy )
*disabled lightmap01 to accomidate "hardcore of darkness"
*pixels at end of diamond sword are now fixed

if you use mcpatcher ( and i totally suggest you do so, you get the following:)

*custom skies support. The night sky now shines in hd.
*connected item texture for cobblestone, courtesy of pfc calico
*in honor of hardcore archery and the idea of a quiver, cit textured substitute for all arrows. What does this mean to you?
1: if you have 7 arrows or less of any type, they look like single arrows.
2: starting at 8 arrows, you see a quiver instead, and the quiver varies appearance of fullness.
3: for every 8 arrows, you get a fuller quiver, until the last, 64th arrow completely fills it out.
4: broadhead, rotted arrows and regular ones have their own quiver texture variant.

*All wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond and refined tools now take damage and you can see the damage mounting up until said item is a useless, dilapidated hunk that you'll want to replace just so you'll get to quit looking at it.
1: wood tools get broken strings and wear down to nubs.
2: stone tools do the same.
3: iron tools rust and show wear.
4: gold tools get dirty and flatten down, losing their intricate edges.
5: diamond tools begin to crack and the diamond infusion flakes off, showing iron beneath. This is my interpretation of what is going on with diamond ingots. The creeper oysters simply let you "lace" the diamond onto the iron, and thusly it flakes off...lost forever while you can melt down the iron again.
6: the evil inside refined tools begin to soul themselves on the surface. this is a work in progress. when complete, it will resemble the soul urn and sand, IE: you see the faces of the damned souls inside.

What else?

*hd font for numbers ( numbers only for now, as replacing all characters will take a bit ). This was done because I realized that the quantities of the stacks sometimes took up almost the entire texture. Now you can see all of the item.

Have fun! Next update I will complete the entire font, add damaged textures to all armors and various other tweaks.