Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsup~1]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.82]

Post by jecowa »

The Vattic pack is updated for support of Better Than Wolves version 4.82. I haven't figured out all the new features of 4.82 yet, so it's a bit untested.

change log:
possible spoilers
Show
  • updated Wool Socks texture to match 4.82 changes
  • added Dog Booties item and texture graphics
  • added a couple new textures for the wolves' new dog-bootie bonuses
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Thanks for the update!
However it seems that the barks' textures are missing; btw, do you think you could be non faithful for this item? I mean, I do not like the look of it... :) one last thing, there are many unused files in the pack, apparently copies of other files.
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

Thanks again ;) - Keep up the good work!
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Well I do not want to bother but... The Blood Wood bark has no texture.

Warning, possible spoiler!
Spoiler
Show
The "beast"'s texture appears white, whereas it should be... darker. Is anyone else encountering this?
Anyway nice work with the barks!
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Thanks, Xou. Those problems are fixed now.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Just a quick post for a little something. I found 32x water textures in the Faithful spirit that were made by "Exalm" (I don't know where it originally came from though) and got them to work - somewhat - as they were for the 1.6 pack (some tiny things seem to have changed in regards to textures with 1.6). Not the best possible solution, but still, the 16x water was bugging me :) That should do until Vattic gets around making it!

I've put it in a zip here, along with a few mob textures - actually, a couple of slimes for "random mobs" - that were taken from the customizer before the new TP format. I personnaly really like having more kinds of slimes, so I thought I could put them in here as well!

Oh and by the way, if ever you want to update the pack to the latest version of BTW, I've written a quick list of changes since BTW 4.82:
- textures/blocks/fcBlockSawBlade_off.png & textures/blocks/fcBlockSawBlade_on.png: Saw animated texture (4.85)
- textures/blocks/fcBlockPressurePlateSoulforgedSteel.png: Obsidian Pressure Plates are now SFS Pressure Plates (4.85)
- textures/items/fcItemEggScrambledCooked.png & textures/items/fcItemEggScrambledRaw.png: Scrambled Eggs icon changed, as their recipe no longer requires a bowl (4.85)
- textures/items/fcItemPileSoulSand.png: Soul Sand Piles (4.88)
- btwmodtex/fcCreeperDepressed.png: "neutered" creepers (4.89)
- textures/items/fcItemRedstoneLatch.png: Redstone Latch icon (4.891)
- textures/items/fcItemNuggetSteel.png: SFS Nuggets icon (4.891)
MattThePadawan

Post by MattThePadawan »

Could someone please update this?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I got tired of waiting, so I made some of my own textures for this(Soul flux, end slag, chocolate(milk, powder, bar), oak saplings, latches, etc) should I just post them?
MattThePadawan

Post by MattThePadawan »

Sure. Don't see the harm..
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

MattThePadawan wrote:Sure. Don't see the harm..
Grrr FC keeps putting out new textures faster than I can make them, I don't have that much free time.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Hey,
Is jecowa still updating this or have you, Yhetti continued making textures?

And it would be nice to see what you, Yhetti had made (Soul flux, end slag, chocolate(milk, powder, bar), oak saplings, latches, etc). IF you Yhetti don't have the time, or don't want to, I could start making the missing textures, as I am already using the vanilla Vattic's Faithful texture as placeholder/guide for my own texture pack. Just remembered that Vattic's Faithful had a btw support and so I could release wip versions of mine :)

tl;dr: Is anyone still making textures and/or could you, Yhetti show us the textures you made?
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sockthing wrote:Hey,
Is jecowa still updating this or have you, Yhetti continued making textures?

And it would be nice to see what you, Yhetti had made (Soul flux, end slag, chocolate(milk, powder, bar), oak saplings, latches, etc). IF you Yhetti don't have the time, or don't want to, I could start making the missing textures, as I am already using the vanilla Vattic's Faithful texture as placeholder/guide for my own texture pack. Just remembered that Vattic's Faithful had a btw support and so I could release wip versions of mine :)

tl;dr: Is anyone still making textures and/or could you, Yhetti show us the textures you made?
I don't think I ended up making that many, I did start a collection of alt textures and I added random mob textures which are fun. I think I just gave up because I am kinda bad at it...Do you want me to send you the stuff I have that actually turned out good?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Yhetti wrote:Do you want me to send you the stuff I have that actually turned out good?
That would be great :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Does anyone want to try and make all the different sapling stages? I'm having troubles with them.
But on a side note, I have done nearly all missing items! :D
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sorry I took so long, I have been preoccupied, I am sending a message with the link to my zip.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Hey guys,
so I have update the pack to v4.89PHILLIP.
The only texture currently missing are the sapling stages.
You are free to make them, if you want to try.

Let me know if any other textures are missing or anything else catches your eye.

You can download the updated pack right here: [direct]
(edit: updated with b version, forgot to add depressed creeper texture)
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sockthing wrote: Let me know if any other textures are missing or anything else catches your eye.
I couldn't figure out if it was just me screwing up when I was mixing in alternate textures, or if you just forgot this, but I didn't have the updated hopper textures when I ran the game, so here they are. Once again, probably just my own mistake.

I do have to complement you though, you are a texture master, I'll admit, I suck at it, the only reason I have been making some vattic stuff is because I like it and no one else was making it.
I still like my chocolate texture better though, because it looks more like a hershey bar. :P
jecowa

Re: Vattic's Faithful 32x texture pack [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsu

Post by jecowa »

Sorry for the slow. The Vattic pack is now updated for support of Better Than Wolves version 4.99999A0C Marsupial?! for Minecraft 1.5.2.

Thanks to Sockthing and Yhetti for the textures!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Yay! I did something! Even if all I did was change the names of the old textures!

By the way, here is all my trash pile of alternate textures and textures I made for add-ons. I started making an alternate GUI that is notably cool. And jecowa can feel free to add the textures for add-ons into the pack.
Carnaxus

Post by Carnaxus »

So after reading through the thread I'm a tiny bit confused. Does this pack include the vanilla textures and the BTW ones? Or do I need to download the regular Faithful pack and add this download to it?

Edit:

Never mind, gave it a try and it does include all the vanilla textures. Probably should clarify that in the first post...unless I totally missed it.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

i believe there are a little bug with the pack ...
Error name of 2 textures :

Default texture name :

Faithful name :

EDIT : The name change only for the last version of BTW ^^ never mind