Need help modifying textures

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
SilenV

Need help modifying textures

Post by SilenV »

I'm trying to upgrade a 32x32 texture pack I'm using by importing 64x64 textures from a vanilla pack for MC 1.5. Pretty much everything worked fine (vanilla stuff got high-res, BTW-specific stuff kept 32x32), except for the strata-specific stone textures. Instead of getting the 64x64 texture for the upper strata, and the darker 32x32 variants for mid and bottom stratas, I just get the 64x64 texture for all the stratas, making them indistinguishable. Weirdly enough, this issue does not occur with ores: for example, with iron, I do get the high-res texture at the top layers, then it switches to the lower-res darker textures as I go into mid/bottom.

I've checked the files closely, and if I understand this correctly, the relevant files to this problem are stone.png , fcBlockStoneStrata_1.png , and fcBlockStoneStrata_2.png , and in my case, they all have specific images, so I'm not sure why my game is using stone.png for everything. Does anyone know why this is happening?
SilenV

Re: Need help modifying textures

Post by SilenV »

Figured it out, the problem was due to texture randomization as defined in the /ctm/ folder.