[32x]Conquest Texture Pack Deco Astrolabe BTW 4.ABCFEFE

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
ion

Re: [32x]Conquest Texture Pack with Deco Add-On support

Post by ion »

thank you very much Longlay for the news. Next Conquest for BTW version would be very different from the last versions.I'm so happy and best wishes to Khar!
I'm finally going to add those crazy textures to upper reeds, cobblestone and rest of the blocks that make use of the matchTile, horizontal+vertical and few more rules.going to thank Khar for that and i suggest you also do that.
EDIT:
messing around
Spoiler
Show
there is only one bug with the newest McPatcher found yet but makes BTW unplayable. having blood wood saplings or and bloodwood leaves in inventory makes Minecraft crash.
Palisight

Post by Palisight »

The information that was in this post is now outdated
Last edited by Palisight on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ion

Post by ion »

khar released Mcpatcher v 5.00 that doesn't crash with bloodwood leaves and saplings. i'll start working on a Conquest version for BTW that would include all the new rules and textures from the latest Conquest.
the double cobble slabs textures would be moved to the white cobble as i think it fits better.

cobwebs in different biomes. in the cold one there are also horizontal rules implemented, but they don't work as intended on NS axis. nothing that a next mcpatcher release wouldn't fix. i'll make a download soon when i'll get some more properties rules finished.
ion

Post by ion »

uploaded a new Conquest version compatible with Mcpatcher 5.xxx.download on the first page

-new vertical and horizontal rules for jungle chiseled stone bricks
-cobblestone fixed textures.
-newer white cobble textures with lot's of eye candy. it's the smooth granite from Conquest
-more cobwebs textures as seen above
-new double jungle slabs textures ( clams)
-upper part of a reed is random finally
-more that i don't remember.

known issues with Mcpatcher 5.xxx.1
-saplings are rendered wrong in flower pots.
-V+H rules the horizontal part doesn't work on NS axis for cobwebs
-still can't randomize the wicker panel, slats and grates
-bloodwood leaves get a reddish tint over them. may be intended in BTW, but i would like the have them like cherry trees in overworld

in the future i'll remove the DecoAdd-On support as it's obsolete by now
pommes

Post by pommes »

thanks as always, ion, for continuing to support this texture pack. After a bit of time using the update I noticed a few things that changed which I think may not have been intentional:

the biome coloring for leaves, grass, and grass blocks don't match in extreme hills biome (see photo)

the sides and top of dispensers now have the texture of the iron furnace in extreme hills biome

redstone torches look like candles (I realize you may have changed that on purpose, but it just seems unnecessary, given that FC has added candles to the mod)
Spoiler
Show
cheers
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

I am seeing all of the above and my water is grey.
It takes 3 minutes to get from the Conquest title screen to the Minecraft main menu.
I am also getting ... texture seam problems...? You should be able to see it in the screenshot. All of the textures seem to be missing 1 pixel between each adjacent block.
Spoiler
Show
ion

Post by ion »

@pommes i'll try to fix the biome colouring for the next release. monsterfish made the redstone torches and repeater look like candles to give an overall medieval look to all the pack. from my testing the textures from those make a bit of lag as there are too many of them. just grab the old ones from my previous release. about the furnaces should look like iron furnace in mountain biome, dispenser is unintended. i'll see what i can do with them.
@kjbrone borked install check the pommes pic and there is no suck thing. also water has a new texture. it's more clear and is intended. again post the mcpatcher version that you use
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Everything was fine before using the mcpatcher-5.0.0_02 program.
OK. deleted .minecraft folder after copying out save games.
Started Minecraft, created BTW profile, used mcpatcher-5.0.0_02 to patch in just the latest BTW.
Created new world placed a couple BTW blocks. exited
Copied latest Conquest texture pack into textures folder. Started Minecraft and selected new texture pack.
Loaded world and textures were fine (fixed the texture tearing). Quit Minecraft. Started Minecraft and it takes 3 minutes to load from the Conquest title screen to the main Minecraft menu. If I change the texture pack to default it loads like normal.
We can take this to PM if you have any suggestions. I will post the fix if/when I find it in case anyone else has the problem.

System Specs:
Intel i5 CPU
16GB Mem
64-bit Win 7
GeForce GTX 760 w/2GB
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

I have the same problem with the load time, I just updated to the latest MCPatcher (5.0.0_02) from 4.3.2_02 which unsurprisingly didn't display most textures properly anymore. I'm having no further issues whatsoever and am loving this pack man. Great job on everything!
ion

Post by ion »

the slow loading time with conquest is a known issue and i don't know why that is happening. as there aren't any texture packs so heavily loaded with ctm properties i can't really test with other TPs. a stupid fix is to change back to default before quitting.

@ all please test the blocks in different biomes and post some pics here so i can try to fix them. mostly the btw blocks. thanks! i'll have some time saturday and sunday to fix them and make a updated download next week, but i need help with pics from you.

example: half grass slabs in swamp have vanilla ugly colour hue. for that only Khar can help
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

For the loading issue, it is because of the ridiculous amount of ctm. I checked by using MultiMC with the console turned on, and it while loading it shows a bunch of initializing textures messages. I'm not sure there's really anything you can do about that. Switching back to default wouldn't really help, since it still takes forever to load textures when switching texturepacks.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

the same amount of ctm was when it was required with mcpatcher 3.xxx version. and it loaded very fine. it's about the 1.8 mess of minecraft and khar is still sorting out all that crap
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Hmm. Ok. I have always had the loading issues with the pack, though before it might have just been an issue with my install.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

i have some time this weeks to stay home and work on the TP more. (destroyed my car in an accident lulz). i would like to implement some more textures into the pack like double wood slabs to look like something different from wood. mostly the sides to look like the bottle textures from original Conquest, up and bottom would still have a wooden look but maybe a bit different from the main wood texture. just some more textures to play.
also i would like to have implemented some height biome textures, like the snowed stone from y lvl 50 and up in cold biomes and cobwebs underground to look like stalactites. this i haven't texsted yet but should be possible.
also more textures to trapdoors, as they are mainly aesthetics now, up and down different textures and also some more for horizontal ones depending on the NSEW.
let me know what do you think about, or if you like something more added?
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

New stuff sounds good.

My only request would be if you could fix the glass block texture.
1 block has a horizontal line running through it and is probably the most difficult to see through glass block in the texture pack. Maybe make it use the top texture for all 6 sides on a single block.
2+ blocks horizontal look random and dont have a nice pattern like the vertical blocks.

Other than that, great work so far!!
ion

Post by ion »

kjbrona wrote:New stuff sounds good.

My only request would be if you could fix the glass block texture.
1 block has a horizontal line running through it and is probably the most difficult to see through glass block in the texture pack. Maybe make it use the top texture for all 6 sides on a single block.
2+ blocks horizontal look random and dont have a nice pattern like the vertical blocks.

Other than that, great work so far!!
thanks for the bug report.
a quick fix it yourself. just go into the ctm/glass/glass dragon folder and open both the block20 and block102 properties files change the number after the "tiles=" with 1-47
it should look like "tiles=1-47". this would fix the horizontal look and some other things.

about number one. i wont add it myself to the TP as i like how dragon glass looks, but you can copy the 1.png file from glass_fancy and paste it into dragon glass folder.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Not sure if this belongs here, but as it was missing and I had some time to Experiment, I created a Texture for the new "EnderPearl-Blocks" .
If someone wants to use it, it may be possible/allowed to post a link here?
ion

Post by ion »

@Epsilon go ahead, post a pic with it ingame. if it's conquest like i may add it to the TP else let the people choose.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Well if I think of it again, I'm not so sure if it's good to Show off my poor creative skills, but here you go:
Image Image
Spoiler
Show
Image Image
It was taken in creative, as I'm currently not able to build this in my world. And now that I think of it again, there must be done some tweaking to get it at least a bit "Conquest-like" ;)

This is not all, I "animated" the texture to change over time. If you don't want to know how it Looks... "spoilers", you know.
Spoiler
Show
Image Image
I have been using this with the following cycle:
Spoiler
Show
0*1000
1*3
2*20
1*3
0*500
1*3
2*3
3*3
4*20
3*3
2*3
1*3
0*300
1*3
2*3
4*3
5*3
6*3
7*3
8*3
9*3
10*3
11*20
10*3
9*3
8*3
7*3
6*3
5*3
4*50
5*3
6*3
7*3
8*3
9*3
10*3
11*3
12*20
11*3
10*3
9*3
8*10
9*3
10*3
11*3
12*3
13*3
12*3
13*3
12*3
13*3
12*30
13*3
12*3
13*3
12*10
11*3
10*3
9*3
8*3
7*3
6*3
5*3
4*3
3*3
2*3
1*3
0*3
EDIT: added ingame-picture
EDIT: reworked the texture a bit, to fit COnquest better, at least I hope it does.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I've been continually experiencing an issue with this texture pack; if I log off with it active, I get the Black Screen when I try to log back in, this persists until I remove the TP folder from my library.

Am I the only one?
ion

Post by ion »

it's a known issue and i don't know who or what is the culprit. a faster way to quickly start the game is to delete the options.txt file so the game would load the vanilla texture.
i never had any issues before mcpatcher 5 thing. but i also used the old launcher before and now i use the bloated new one. i should test it with the old launcher and see if something is improved. i don't think that the amount of textures and properties files are the issues here as i'm running a more improved version of Conquest that what's released with way more textures and files and even some height related textures.
again the problem, for me, is only when the game starts fresh and not when changing textures ingame.

EDIT some testing done with various TPs and starting the game from scratch and new loader
-Derivation loads very fast like vanilla tp. it has a heavy use of CIT rules so this isn't a problem.
-Pandoku is a bit slower to load has some CTM rules.
-an older Conquest before the mCpatcher 5 loads slower (2-3 min)
-Conquest with new CTM matchtile, matchblock rules loads in about 10 min.
i don't get why this happens as when switching the TPs in game there is no such loading time at all.
if i remember correctly there was someone in the mcpatcher thread that posted something similar, i need to check that.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I see. I guess in the short-term, the solution for me is to make sure I've switched back to the vMC texture pack before logging out. Bit of a hassle, but worth it for this awesome TP :]
ion

Post by ion »

a new version is out here http://www.mediafire.com/download/a12l5 ... 2v1.04.zip
changes:
-fixed the dispenser look in certain biome. thanks pommes for finding this out
-reverted to the old grass colour
-added some textures to double wood slabs for better building options
- fixed the dragon glass CTM rules
-removed the candle redstone torches and repeater look as is was way too laggy when used in game
-hungry wolves textures
-wet sand textures in river and ocean biomes
-mud textures for soul sand in swamps
-removed the DecoAddOn textures as there is no one maintaining it yet
-melon stems for melons, connected ones are the same like the pumpkin :(
-trapdoors have 2 different textures in cold biomes.
-i don't remember the rest :)
remember to thank monsterfisher for the awesome textures i just make the properties rules for BTW!
enjoy!
Last edited by ion on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
AddyBaha

Re: [32x]Conquest Texture Pack without Deco Add-On support

Post by AddyBaha »

love the wet sand and textures for halfslabs - minor detail: lillypads are grey in chests,inventory and so on (they look great and as they should when placed down)
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
ion

Re: [32x]Conquest Texture Pack without Deco Add-On support

Post by ion »

try to place them in a cold biome