[32x] Derivation [BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Kezza

Re: [32x] Derivation [BTW 4.9Marsupial]

Post by Kezza »

Updated to BTW 4.9 Marsupial
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

quick question: my glass doesn't look like the screeny shot you have o nthe front page, its not clear at all. It has like grating all over it:
Spoiler
Show
looks kinda crappy as I can't really see anything through it well :/ if that's the default and im mistaken can someone point me on how to mayeb change just the glass texture to something clear? :)
Rawr :D
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

Thats the old glass texture. Levaunt made a new one just before he stopped the work on the pack. Your not using MCpatcher, am I right?
I understand your issue. Maybe I add the old glass as optinonal file or as normal version.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

aww ): and no I don't us mcpatcher with the new launcher, i manually add btw to my jar file. and that would be awesome if you could add a second glass texture :) I love the look of the glass onthe front page. Glass really makes or breaks a TP for me because I tend to use a lot of wood + glass combos xD that picture is the wall of my home :)
Rawr :D
djdori11

Post by djdori11 »

My favorite texture pack, amazing work! Me and my buddy love playing with it.
Please keep updating it, I did notice some incomplete textures (specifically the padded armor)
and the clearer glass texture would also be nice ;)
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

Has anyone been able to get Custom Item Textures working with the latest version of MCPatcher? (4.3.2_03)? CIT no longer appears as an option.
The 1.5.2 version of MCPatcher no longer works with the new launcher, and i'm sure that had an option for CIT.
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

You need to use the older version of mc patcher to get the textures to work - mcpatcher-4.3.1_01. Here's a link to a copy I uploaded for you: http://www.filedropper.com/mcpatcher-43101. Oh, by the way. You need to add the mod specific textures to the pack after setting it up.

Incidently, any idea if there has there been any new graphic changes to BTW in recent additions that require an update for the BTW graphics? Last version I played was just after HC villagers
Spoiler
Show
ion

Post by ion »

if your questions means if were added new textures with BTW after the HC villagers the response is yes. Derivation needs some properties rules and some new textures to have full support for the latest BTW
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

So, FC updated again recently, though mostly they seem to be mechanic changes, and no added blocks that would require new graphics. The pack on this thread is dated to the "marsupial" version though, and I wondered if it was same to assume this still up-to-date.
Spoiler
Show
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I think besides the Ender Pearl block, maybe also Sand/gravel slabs. And I think
Spoiler
Show
Hardcore Hunger for wolves
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

From what I see in CraftGuide, the enderpearl block just looks black, so either it won't make a difference, or its already been patched. The sand and gravel slabs were already taken care of the last time I believe, and the
Spoiler
Show
Hardcore Hunger for Wolves
are actually beneficial since the graphic change makes it more obvious.

One thing I've always hated however, were the villagers skins in this pack, and so I've swapped these out for a more pleasing set. I'll add a link to this edited version in case other people are sick of the current villager skins also:

[dead link]

EDIT

Forgot to give credit :/

The villagers are designed by Amalah are are part of the Loafcraft texture pack, available here

http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/loafcraft/

The pack itself is a bit girly, so not to my tastes, but the villagers are well done, and fit well with "Steve being a foreign element to the world" vibe that BTW gives, and aren't out of place with the Derivation pack.
Last edited by Wyr3d on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

New link for texture pack edit: [dead link]
Last edited by Wyr3d on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Hey guys,

I went ahead and updated the texture pack to include the new tree trunk, and stump remover from the latest edition (TimedRat) version of Better than Wolves. You can download this updated pack at the following link

https://www.mediafire.com/?65ek55wmdoo5u7m

All credits to the original author, I just replaced the stump images with existing log images and recoloured a suitable image for the stump remover, after testing it out in game first to see how it worked. Villager credit goes to Amalah, since I left the elves in :P
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Here is the latest update for the Derivation Texture Pack Better than Wolves Edition.

This pack contains the base texture pack created by Levaunt, with BTW textures added by Kezza, who started this thread. I have continued the work of updating the BTW textures for each update. Original Derivation villagers have been replaced with villagers from Amalah's Loafcraft. BTW updates I added include upgrades for these villagers, items blocks and mob changes.

This version is current with: 4.A4 Kiloblock Boon of Better Than Wolves

You can download the texture pack here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7cpekpe5d ... BBB_v2.zip
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

This thread can be closed now, the new thread is located here:

Dervation Omega Thread
Spoiler
Show