[32x] Conquest texture pack [BTW 4.89PHILLIP] (at last!)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
ion

Re: [32x] Conquest texture pack [BTW 4.89PHILLIP] (at last!)

Post by ion »

post them so everyone can grab and add as they please
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

FYI ion, I believe your link just got downed for copyright infringement by including the vanilla portion of the TP
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
ion

Post by ion »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:FYI ion, I believe your link just got downed for copyright infringement by including the vanilla portion of the TP
that's simply not true at all. i have talked with monsterfisher and he is ok with me posting the pack for BTW. you can also check the oficial Conquest pack in MCF under mods.
truth is that i put it down myself
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

:P hazarded a guess and was totally wrong, sorry for that man. Didn't mean to insult. Thanks for your textures btw, they're beautiful.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
ion

Post by ion »

i want to ask the users of this TP, do you use grates and slats in your builds. they are ugly right now and i want to change them maybe add a bit of ctm to them, also the urn i would like to add to the upper part some kind of liquid animation for aesthetics. post some pics if you want!
hawk

Post by hawk »

I use grates some, the slats less. I'd use more of both if they were more interesting.
Also, Thank you for your continued work on this excellent TP.
hawk

Post by hawk »

Quick question: packed earth blocks and slabs are different textures on my last download (few weeks ago?). Is this intentional or did I fuck something up? I like the full block... the slab looks like the John Smith non-packed slab.
ion

Post by ion »

hawk wrote:Quick question: packed earth blocks and slabs are different textures on my last download (few weeks ago?). Is this intentional or did I fuck something up? I like the full block... the slab looks like the John Smith non-packed slab.
yeah i know about that i would like to implement the 'path' textures from Conquest to packed earth, but the ctm doesn't really work fine. don't mind the isabella TP for testing.
maybe i implement the fallen pine leaves textures for spruce forest and mess around more for other biomes.
Spoiler
Show
hawk

Post by hawk »

Looks great! If you’re taking an informal poll on whether to implement this or not, count me as an enthusiastic yes.
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

ME too!! I love it :).... also I noticed that the newer versions of conquest have a texture for wicker fence... maybe it could be used for btws wicker (not the block).
ion

Post by ion »

Xaedblade wrote:ME too!! I love it :).... also I noticed that the newer versions of conquest have a texture for wicker fence... maybe it could be used for btws wicker (not the block).
there are lot's of things that can be made, but remember mcpatcher for 1.5.2 doesn't support all those shiny new things.
also i wont be posting on this thread from now on as the OP is gone and not maintaining this TP.
expect a new Conquest thread soon from myself with a new and updated download link.
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

Does anyone know where I would get the latest version of this texture pack for 1.5.2?
The current page seems to be incompatible and I can't see any mention of a legacy version anywhere.
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

if you look at the post above you, you will see that ion is now taking care of updating the TP here
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

Thanks bob! Made the mistake of assuming the Addon texture pack thread only had the addon textures...
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial