clear glass

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
darahalian

Re: clear glass

Post by darahalian »

myrkana wrote:do i have to load btw through mcpatcher or can i just install btw into the jar like i have been and use mcpatcher just for the tp?
Installing BTW first and then using mcpatcher might work, but I don't know for sure. I think that worked in the past, but a bunch of stuff has changed since the new launcher, so who knows.. But regardless, if you're going to be using mcpatcher anyway, it makes sense to use it to install BTW since it's so easy to do and is known to work fine. Just take a look at my or Rob's posts further up the page for instructions on that if you're interested. ( edit: or further up the previous page since I just started a new one :P )
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

myrkana wrote:actually i had loved battosai's tp and lost the link ion gave me awhile ago so imma just yoink it >...> though quick question: to use the ctm texture i need mcpatcher correct? do i have to load btw through mcpatcher or can i just install btw into the jar like i have been and use mcpatcher just for the tp? :o thoguh if you wanna help prof out and make the ctm for glass go ahead xD I'll use it <3

ion: have you made mroe progress on it since you gave it to me that time?
Yes compass and clock now exist and work again. Also a few of the deco blocks have textures. I will work on finding other missing things. Still gotta get the quartz item texture. And I know there is likely other stuff. Especially since there have been some btw updates. But the pack is probably 90% done I assume.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

just didnt wanna have to mess with my minecraft xD I always mess it up in some way lol, like using the new launcher as it seems easier but guess i'll go mess with the patcher so i can get a nice looking glass texture D:<

oo nice ion! I've been looking at the deco addon, might just make a seperate profile so i can use it in my lan games :D
Rawr :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

myrkana wrote:just didnt wanna have to mess with my minecraft xD I always mess it up in some way lol, like using the new launcher as it seems easier but guess i'll go mess with the patcher so i can get a nice looking glass texture D:<
I think my guide is pretty straight forward and fail proof if you follow the directions exactly. It will install BTW and MCPatcher, allowing you to still use the Launcher as you have been doing.

Give the guide a shot, if you have any issues with it, let me know in that thread and I'll try to edit the guide to be more helpful.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Spoiler
Show
thansk guys :) got the tp working with mcpathcer and the glass looks amazing! the above picture is the same set of glass as the one on the first page btw :)

glass is one of the most important textures for me in a pack so it's always frustrating when I like a pack but not the glass D:<

if i wanna use thsi same glass in another pack (say derivations) would i need to move the ctm glass texture as well? simple drag and drop right?
Rawr :D
ion

Post by ion »

first you need to delete the glass textures and properties files from the other TP. then move them