Locking down the sub-forum

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Locking down the sub-forum

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys, I've absolutely had enough with the suggestions for the time being, and am locking down this sub-forum at least for a little while.

So, even if your idea has a manna-filled hootch, I just don't want it anymore, at least not now.

And no...this is not an invitation to let suggestions leak into other sub-forums. Just keep them to yourself.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Locking down the sub-forum

Post by FlowerChild »

I'll elaborate a little further on what's happened with me recently, and why I am no longer interested in suggestions of any kind for those that may be wondering:

I believe that playing the 1.6 update really finished me off in terms of motivation to want to continue developing for MC, and put a big underline under the fact that I need to wrap up BTW and move onto my own game. It was of such poor quality that it really drove the point home that I should not be spending any more time trying to correct Mojang's mistakes when I could be devoting that time to creating something that is entirely mine. Any lingering hope that I had that Mojang might get their act together essentially went out the window.

Given that, I have a very definite check-list of stuff I want to get done in order to hit that, and I am in no way interested in expanding upon it by adding new features. Stopping my own ideas from creeping in there is enough of a struggle without adding other people's to the mix.

Thus, I would ask people to view BTW as "feature complete", as in, no new features will be going into it (other than the ones I've already decided on), and thus the vast majority of suggestions are entirely useless at this point. I may tweak a few things here and there beyond that, but that's about it.

I'm trying to stay very focused at this point on what needs to be done to get me away from MC, with suggestions for new features just being an unwanted distraction. As a result, the suggestion sub-forum serves no purpose, and has just become an ongoing annoyance for me. I think closing it down is for the best given that, as we've basically hit the point of "there are no good suggestions for BTW".