Blaze rods -> Millstone -> Blaze powder

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Poppycocks

Blaze rods -> Millstone -> Blaze powder

Post by Poppycocks »

Making it possible to create fire charges in the cauldron would be nice as well.
Mason11987

Re: Blaze rods -> Millstone -> Blaze powder

Post by Mason11987 »

I'm not sure why you would put something in the millstone if you could just put it in a crafting table and do an entire stack at once. What would this help accomplish?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Mason11987 wrote:I'm not sure why you would put something in the millstone if you could just put it in a crafting table and do an entire stack at once. What would this help accomplish?
You can make planks out of logs in a crafting slot...

In short, automation.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Same as grinding bonces to make Bonemeal. I think it's a good idea, why not?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

If FC adds the ability to create pottery out of goop, then it should be possible to fully automate the production of these in the nether.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Millstone's for organic materials - blaze rods have always stuck me as being somewhat...metallic. With the noises and all.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Eh, the line on blaze rods is a bit on the blurry side tbh.

Automating blaze powder conversion is a valid reason to not fuzz _this_ much whether rods fit in the organic requirements for the mill if you ask me. Of course where this conversion does happen is not an issue as long as it is automated. But otoh, mill automation is more sane, in that the final item is automatically ejected to the world, as opposed to having to use a timer and a BD to empty a cauldron for eg.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I would love this, but I can't tell where Blaze Rods fall. Are they metal or organic. They come from a Blaze so they have to be organic, but yet them seem to metallic. I don't know, and for the sake of me wanting to automate this, I'm gonna go with yeah, organic.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Oh the FUN we'll all have making blaze grinders around live blaze spawners.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Blaze seem to me to be more closely related to the iron golems than any of the other existing mobs. Animated metal is still metal and there are very few organic structures that good at conducting heat.
Better is the enemy of Good
scout37

Post by scout37 »

I would believe that Blaze Rods would best be classified as a form of symthesized chemical-based substance, formed from the collection of super-heated minerals due to the constant contact between air and lava in the nether, causing energy to be self contained within the rod similiar to Uranium is in Nuclear Powerplants. Might be interesting addition to BTB if one can have a use from drained blaze rods. I would be more thinking of adding another alchemy ingredient from blaze powder sent through a soul-sand hopper.
Living has been the #1 cause of death since time began.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I'm still in the 'The Blaze is a hellish golem animated by hate' camp but the idea of a filtered blaze powder does lend itself to enhanced hibachis that could power a blast furnace made from netherbrick like kilns are made of clay.
Better is the enemy of Good
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

DaveYanakov wrote:I'm still in the 'The Blaze is a hellish golem animated by hate' camp but the idea of a filtered blaze powder does lend itself to enhanced hibachis that could power a blast furnace made from netherbrick like kilns are made of clay.
Wow.

That does sound very good.