The saw is a mechanical device used to processes certain blocks placed in front of it into other, more refined forms. It requires continuous Mechanical power to function, and thus cannot be operated with the Hand Crank. A powered saw can damage players, animals, and monsters that come into contact with its blade, making it an effective tool for use in traps and grinders. Inappropriate blocks such as stone or dirt will cause the saw to break when placed in the cutting block.
Access to a saw allows the player to use High Efficiency Recipes for crafting wooden objects. Large projects requiring many wooden items can benefit greatly from this.
|Name||Ingredients||Input » Output|
|Saw|| Belt, Gears.
or Wooden Siding
The saw is a critical instrument, allowing the player to do the following:
- Produce wooden Siding, Moulding, and Corners
- Produce Gears 24 times more efficiently than by hand
- Produce Companion Slabs
The above wooden components can further be used to craft many wooden objects more efficiently.
In addition to crafting, the saw can be used in automation to make:
- Automated wood processing, through the use of Block Dispensers
- Automated tree farming
- Automated vine farming
- Automated Sugar Cane and Hemp farming
Lastly, a saw can be used as:
- A damaging element of traps and mob grinders
The following list details Saw recipes:
|Wood||->||Wooden Planks, Bark, and Sawdust|
|Blood Wood||->||Wooden Jungle Planks, Blood Bark, and Soul Dust|
|Wooden Planks||->||Wooden Siding|
|Wooden Siding||->||Wooden Moulding|
|Wooden Moulding||->||Wooden Corners|
|Block of Wicker||->||Wicker Slabs|
|Companion Cube||->||Companion Slabs|
|Wooden Fences||->||Wooden Corners|
|Wooden Stairs||->||Wooden Siding and Wooden Moulding|
|Wooden Slabs||->||Wooden Moulding|
- Can harvest vines.
Keep in Mind
- While receiving Mechanical power the saw will inflict 2 hearts of damage per second on mobs and players.
- It will not receive Mechanical power from the blade side.
- It cannot be powered by the Hand Crank.
- Trying to cut any "hard" blocks such as dirt, ore blocks,stone, obsidian etc., will cause the saw to break into a Gear, 2 iron ingots, 4 Iron Nuggets, and 3 Straps.
- Using the saw to harvest Hemp or sugar cane causes many of the drops to fall on the soil they were planted on.