Light-Weight wooden frames, the Platforms are intended to be used in conjunction with Pulleys to create elevators, moving gates, flood-control devices, etc. Platforms are attached to ropes by placing an upward-facing anchor on top of them. When a platform is connected in this manner, if it is lifted (through the Anchor, attached Rope, and a Pulley above), it will in turn transmit this motion to other platforms up to two blocks away.
This effectively allows you to lift up to a 5 X 5 block grid of Platforms through the use of a single Anchor and Pulley, along with the required Rope.
|Name||Ingredients||Input » Output|
|Platform||Wooden Planks or
- Castle Gates
Keep in Mind
- Platforms and Anchors are the only blocks that can be lifted by a Pulley but you may place rails and redstone on a platform.
- One Anchor can lift a 5x5x5 box of platforms only. The platform the anchor is attached to is the center of that box. If you want to lift a 3x1x4 Gate (width depth height) with one pulley and the anchor at the top of the gate - this is impossible. But you could remove the top middle platform and attach the anchor there which would make the platform in the middle of the second row the "center".
- Rope will break if you try lifting solid blocks on platform
- You will need 18 Sugar canes for 1 platform thus 450 for entire 5x5 platform so make sure you have some Sugar Cane farms before you decide to craft platforms
- As of 3.8, XP orbs and Dragon Orbs are able to be lifted by the pulley.