Another use for wolves! Wolves periodically produce Dung as the result of mysterious biological processes. Wolves must be fed meat or Kibble to produce dung; however, one should avoid feeding them wolf chops. Wolves will produce dung at a random delay - usually five to ten minutes - after being fed; each feeding will produce a total one dung. Wolf Dung is extremely valued for its many uses.
The principal method of harvesting dung is to put the wolf on a floating block over a water flow, using a Dispenser to feed it as soon as it has produced its precious product.
Because the Mean Time Between Poops is not a definite number, it generally stands at about 1 per day, using 5 minute timers or the like is not advised, instead using pressure plates or detectors is advisable.
Lacking easily-manipulable water, it is possible to place wolves on a floor of hoppers with ladder filters. Meat will not pass through, allowing wolves to eat it; however, the dung will enter the hoppers and can be conveniently collected from below.
Keep in Mind
- Dung will spoil any food in a Cauldron if placed inside
- Wolves will produce Dung a random time after feeding, and will only eat when hungry
- Wolves become hungry as soon as they poop
- Keeping the wolf in the dark will increase production rate
- Dung is violently propelled about three block away when produced
- Rubbing a sheep with a piece of poo is not a viable way to alter its genetic structure
- Both wolves pictured will not produce dung. 1 full block of space is required for production.
- As of 3.95 wolves can no longer be fed rotten flesh, use Kibble instead